SoS purchases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SoS purchases

Hello all, Got back for vrom the SoS today and just wanted to post a few photos I picked up. Enjoy and comments allways welcome

This one interesting. Looks like it was taken during the bulge as thier is an american truck in the background.

this one is neat. looks like an on going firefight. There is billowing smoke on the right and a couple of soldats crouched against the roadblock of allied vehicles

Comment

this is a panzer and the unit symbol can barely be made out.

Comment

not a rare image but it is neat. Looks like a landing craft that was never used for Sealion.

Comment

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ewpost&t=89415

here is a link to some FJ photos I got also today.

Comment

Mike,

Nice pics!!! Hard to find Ramcke Brigade pics and too bad they are repros!!! Got some folks looking out for photos for me at the SOS. How was it for photos anyway....I'm sure the prices were way up there!! Thanks for sharing yours. Bill

Comment

Originally posted by W Petz
              Mike,

Nice pics!!! Hard to find Ramcke Brigade pics and too bad they are repros!!! Got some folks looking out for photos for me at the SOS. How was it for photos anyway....I'm sure the prices were way up there!! Thanks for sharing yours. Bill
              wasn't to bad Bill. Not as many as the last show. Of course all the albums were a little too pricey and those that weren't was not worth picking up, IMHO.

yea I thought they were repos... Beware of photos sellers with an eastern Eroupean accent..LOL but hey I did i only have $3.00 a pop in them.
              thanks again Bill

Oh I saw Skorzeny's RK w/oaks. that was cool..

Comment

nice

Comment

The panzer photo (http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d=254480&stc=1) is very nice, it shows an early Pz IV (short 75mm) from 20.Panzer-Division in 1941. There is a well known photo of a similar vehicle in the classic Panzerkampfwagen IV in Action, with a Balkenkreuz in front of the turret - a very unusual position.

Comment

Originally posted by Akira Takiguchi
                    The panzer photo (http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d=254480&stc=1) is very nice, it shows an early Pz IV (short 75mm) from 20.Panzer-Division in 1941. There is a well known photo of a similar vehicle in the classic Panzerkampfwagen IV in Action, with a Balkenkreuz in front of the turret - a very unusual position.
                    thanks Akira for the info! it was in a bunch of loose photos that were unrelated it was interesting to me. shame its not a complete shot. Mike

Comment

Nice bulge picture!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeroen44
                        Nice bulge picture!
                        Jeroen, Thanks!

After looking at this photo closely I get the feeling it is post war. Just a feeling though. Mike

Comment

Originally posted by R MICHAEL
                          Jeroen, Thanks!

After looking at this photo closely I get the feeling it is post war. Just a feeling though. Mike
                          You know-that was my "instinct" too- truck too clean, guy too well fed, clean and relaxed-but you never know. Have you blacklighted it?

Comment

Maybe the photo is taken at the beginning of the Battle of The Bulge?

Comment

Originally posted by McCulloh
                              You know-that was my "instinct" too- truck too clean, guy too well fed, clean and relaxed-but you never know. Have you blacklighted it?
                              sadly my black light went on the "fritz" the week before the show, but this photo will be the first thing that i check when I obtain a new one.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X