X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brits did bring back BOOOOOTY

Page from a 1945 Newspaper, thanks Ade for giving me this
    Attached Files

Nice shot, I wonder where the naval rig ended up !

Comment

"Brits did bring back BOOOOOTY" - I agree, though sadly not as much as the US veterans!

As a youngster in the 1970's I joined a local Museum Club in North-east England, and one of the museum staff there told us a story that shortly after the war he and his friends broke into a rail wagon that was packed with "Nazi daggers etc" on the way to be smelted down as scrap, and he and his friends managed to 'liberate' a dagger or two. The mind boggles when you think of how much fine war-booty has been destroyed over the years...
      Last edited by PaulW; 02-14-2017, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Hi Dragnet .... glad you like the momento of June/July 1945
        One thing I have noticed veiwing the picture ... it appears the negative is "inverted" ..... ie. the swas' is the wrong way around & the lightening bolt on the Lufty' GAB is facing the other way! .... typo' errors in 1945

Comment

Ade, its a great image and not one seen when it comes to British ''Bring Backs''

Comment

My grandfather brought a few things back, perhaps not " booty" as it were
            A parachute, most likely from Normandy ( common i suppose ), a NSDAP flag and surprisingly photo albums and jewellery, ahem, maybe enough said..

Comment

Yes the Brits did bring home Booty, but lost count how many stories I've heard of stuff getting thrown overboard in the dock from ships on their return home, being under threat from superior's, the sea bed must be littered

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X