Help with City identification in photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with City identification in photo

I've got quite a few photos that aren;t particularly spectacular but I would like to identify where they are. Both pics have monuments in them, and I just wondered if any members recognise the location. I would be very appreciative if anyone could help as it would give them more meaning.

This first one shows some men walking infront of a monument with a backdrop of bombed out buildings. There is a hoarding to the left of the photo, partically obscured it reads "GLACQUESIN", sounds French perhaps.
    Attached Files

Sorry about the quality of the scans. This one is more obscure, I think there might be a Finnish conenction as the shop hoarding in the background to the right says "Puvusto Aitta", not sure what that means exactly.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Richard,

The place in the first picture is 'Place du Martroi' in the town of 'Ville de Pithiviers' in the France region Centre. How do I know, I recognised the monument, which is called 'aux Morts'. I have a picture of this monument (WOII) I will scan it later and put it in this thread. On the picture is written place du martroi, so I looked at Internet and found the town.

Regards, Thomas
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Thomas! Well done and thank you , your help is very much appreciated. Ville de Pithiviers certainly took one hell of a pounding judging by the damaged buildings. Would be interested to see your photo also.

Comment

Hi Richard,

This is the picture.

Regards, Thomas
          Attached Files

Comment

Last edited by ramon; 02-25-2005, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Hi Ramon, there are 2 different photos shown The one in post No.2 has yet to be identified, hence you confusion.
              Post 1 & 5 show the same memorial.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson
                Hi Ramon, there are 2 different photos shown The one in post No.2 has yet to be identified, hence you confusion.
                Post 1 & 5 show the same memorial.

Cheers, Ade.
                You are quite correct. It helps if I take the time to read a thread carefully.

Ramon

Comment

Thomas, thanks for posting that. I reckon your photo is taken from the other side of the memorial judging by the buildings in the background. When I get the chance I'll post a modern photo of the area. Any one got any ideas about the other memorial?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X