Mein Kampf- edition in English - what value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mein Kampf- edition in English - what value

Hello, how much it can cost Mein Kampf (published in English). Publisher: Zentralverlag der NSDAP.
    Attached Files

Well, English-language versions of "Mein Kampf" have been published constantly, both pre-1945 and post-1945, and the antiquarian booksellers list numerous copies available in English. Many of those copies are available for ten dollar US or even less. What is a bit unusual about the copy you show is that it was published by Franz Eher, the central publishing house of the NSDAP, and not by a British or American publishing house.

What is also unusual about this edition is that the publishers decided to even translate the book's title into English -- this is something that none of the other editions of English-language versions decided to do, either in the past or the present! I have an English-language version of MK in my library which was copyright in 1939 by Houghton Mifflin Co. while acknowledging the 1925 and 1927 copyrights held by Franz Eher Nachf. G.m.b.H., stating that "This Edition is published by arrangement with Houghton Mifflin Company, Boston, Massachusetts," was "Printed in the U.S.A.," and was the "twenty-fourth impression" which I assume meant the 24th edition by this publisher. The publisher of this book, published in 1941, was Reynal & Hitchcock of New York. The title of the book is "Mein Kampf," not "My Struggle."

I find this to be interesting, that the original German publisher of Hitler's autobiography and political testament would publish an English-language version of the book under a translated title of "My Struggle," while permitting publishers in the UK and the USA to publish it, in English, under the untranslated title of "My Struggle." Interesting...and sorry that I cannot appraise your book and give a modern value to it.

Br. James

Comment

Thank you for a lot of information. Maybe someone will write information about the price. Regards, Martin

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X