FlandersMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paper w/ 22 'Signatures' AH, Himmler, Goering, Borrmann, Goebbels, Rommel etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paper w/ 22 'Signatures' AH, Himmler, Goering, Borrmann, Goebbels, Rommel etc.

Up for auction on 'Invaluable Auctions'. Good lord it has a bid at $1500 already too.
    Estimate: $3,000 - $4,000
    Description: Extremely RARE 11¼"x8½" page with 'Nurnberg 1933' (Nuremberg 1933) letterhead signed by at least 22 top ranking Nazi officials. Includes: Hitler, Goring, Streicher, Goebbels, Himmler, Hess, Rohm, Esser, Axmann, Darre, von Brauchitsch, von Manstein, Rommel, Wagner, Baur, von Rundstedt, Rosenberg, von Manstein, von Epp, Bormann, Frick and Milch. Signatures likely obtained at special function where all were in attendance. Page also contains 4 Third Reich hand stamps. Left side edge faults and moderate toning, otherwise fine and historical. Originates from the signature collection of Major General Heinrich Jurs of the Waffen-SS. (2016 Certificate of Authenticity by Frank P. Garo, Forensic Handwriting Examiner)
    http://

I don't think everyone signed this at the same time due to the different dates on it ('33, '38, '42), and some of the signatures look good but others not so good?
    Also it is the same document stamp used 3 times over 3 of the signatures, what exactly does it say on the document stamp? Something about Rgt. 17?

To me it looks like a page from a book and the original dedication is the one immediately below the "Nurnberg, 1933" printing at the top.

I'm looking forward to hear what the experts have to say about this one.

Comment

I'm sorry to say it is a fabrication. None of the signatures look good. The Manstein recreates some elements of a genuine signature, but that is as close as it gets to even appearing authentic.
      Regards

Comment

Originally posted by Sonderkommando View Post
        I don't think everyone signed this at the same time due to the different dates on it ('33, '38, '42), and some of the signatures look good but others not so good?
        Also it is the same document stamp used 3 times over 3 of the signatures, what exactly does it say on the document stamp? Something about Rgt. 17?

To me it looks like a page from a book and the original dedication is the one immediately below the "Nurnberg, 1933" printing at the top.

I'm looking forward to hear what the experts have to say about this one.

and bad stamp ! paint a snake with feet -- superfluous

Comment

One example

I though it would be useful to compare each signature with one which IMO is a good example.

To start, here is Goering with the good one at the top and the one from the page in question below it. I personally give the Goering on the 1933 page the thumbs down but can appreciate why someone might accept it as authentic.

Someone has put a lot of effort into creating this page of sigs and it is supposed to come from a reliable source apparently. I find the random nature and timing of the signature additions odd, in any case.

I wrote to Frank Garo who is the handwriting expert who is quoted as stating each and every signature on the page is 100% authentic to just query his authentication, including linking him to this thread. It will be interesting to see his response, if he indeed replies.
          Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X