FlandersMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What division was 218th inf regiment in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What division was 218th inf regiment in?

Hi everyone

Another division question. What division was the 218th inf regiment in? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely

Bradd

bradd,the IR 218 was in the 99 leichte ID
    which was transformed into the 7 gebirgsjager division!!! this div fought in russia and finnland.
    regards again manuel

Comment

Brad, do you have some papers from Inf.Rgt. 218? I have an special interest in this unit as I have the Soldbuch and Wehrpass from a Knight Cross winner who served in this unit all the war.

Regards

Angel Farré
      Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

Thank you again Manuel for your quick reply. Your information is greatly appreciated.

Once again thank you.

Sincerely

Brad

Comment

Angel, I have about 20+ feldpost letters written by a soldat in the 218th Inf regiment. His name is E Jauck.

If you would like I can give you a range of dates of the letters. I am still trying to put them in some sort of order and eventually translate them. It is long and tedious, but very interesting and fun. I look at these letters as very personal and touching.

Anyway I think I strayed from your original question. If you desire any additional information, please feel free to e-mail.

Sincerely

Bradd

Comment

dear bradd and angel, I have lots of photos from this division if you are interested I can post some for you.Its a very interesting division! regards manuel

Comment

Manuel it will be very interested if you could put here some photos from this division, I have the booklets from Karl Oberkircher he served in the 6 company of Inf.Rgt. 218 so if you have some KC winners photo from this divisin perhaps one could be him.

Bradd, always are letters interesting, they give you a real portrait of the soldier's life and you found a lot of information not usually see. Will be nice to see you work when finished.

Angel
              Looking for DKiG Heer winner Soldbuch who also won the TDB and/or CCC, specially in Silver.

Comment

Manuel, yes I am definitely interested in seeing the photographs. I look forward to seeing them.

Sincerely

Bradd

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X