Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help With An Autograph

Hello,

I'm starting a collection of German autographed photos and documents and I would like to know if someone knows how to identify a fake signature besides the basics ways or caracteristics that are used to know ( look the signature with a magnifier glass,texture in the paper, handwriting, etc.) or how I can know if the signature is a modern handwriting reproduction.

I would realy appreciate your help.

best regards
    Last edited by HVC; 02-13-2005, 12:48 AM.

IMO it takes a lot of study before you can be relatively confident about autographed documents. You can compare the signature with known original examples, but you really have to have an 'eye' for it.
    Erich

Originally posted by HVC
    Hello,

I'm starting a collection of German autographed photos and documents and I would like to know if someone knows how to identify a fake signature besides the basics ways or caracteristics that are used to know ( look the signature with a magnifier glass,texture in the paper, handwriting, etc.) or how I can know if the signature is a modern handwriting reproduction.

I would realy appreciate your help.

best regards
    Festina lente!

Comment

I am try to start a library of books with signatures in for X ref {making the assumption that the examples are genuine}, Erich any recommendations?
      Regards
      Si

SWS Collection 01-14 Images Copyright.

Comment

Erich,

any other sugestion?

cordial greetings

Originally posted by Erich
        IMO it takes a lot of study before you can be relatively confident about autographed documents. You can compare the signature with known original examples, but you really have to have an 'eye' for it.
        Erich

Comment

The Charles Hamilton books, (Leaders and Personalities of the III. Reich) volume 1 and 2, and the Emily Caldwell Stuart (Signatures of the III. Reich) book would be good basic starting material.
          Erich
          Festina lente!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X