Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scanning tips

Hi Guys

Does anyone have any good tips for scanning photos, software, etc to bring out the best in a picture and allow small detail to be enlarged. Also what sort of magnifying glass would be good for pictures in general, i.e magnification size? Many thanks

hi i have been looking my self for something like this as well i have been told that there is a thing called a jewellers loop.i have been looking in stamp collecting and hobiy shops.will buy one soon.i think it is very similar to what was used in the war.by persons looking at aerial pics

Comment

Thanks Doug, I found this site here if it is any good for you? www.magnifyingglasses.co.uk

Comment

thanks there are 2 there the linen and the jewllers loupe

Comment

One of the first things which will help if you want to enlarge scans is getting a good scanner in the first place. Well as for software I am not the best person to advise on this as I am still trying to get some for my self.

However if you looking at the test and tectnical section and do a search on scanner you should find a load of info.
          Regards
          Si

SWS Collection 01-14 Images Copyright.

Comment

Indeed, a good scanner is a must. Second I'd say that you try to scan on a resolution (dpi) as high as possible. Also, scanning in color gives me more details than scanning in black/white. Good luck.

Any extra tips are welcome here too.

Comment

Here`s a site with some tips and another sites to visit. It mentions Paintshop Pro as one programme to use, its the programme I use, you can do just about anything to a photograph, enlarge it, change the brightness and/or contrast etc, etc, etc.

http://www.urban75.org/photos/guide08.html

Cheers
              Ian

Comment

Thanks guys, the input is appreciated

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X