Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U-Boot docs original?

Hi,

what do you think about these docs? Is the signature from "Pauckstadt"? Are the docs original?

Thanks for help.......

Mathias

Take a look at the capital R on the kvk and frontspange. Looks like they were typed on the same typewriter.
    'chef einer unterseebootsflotille' ?
    I don't care for the sigs on the kvk or uboat badge docs either, not to mention the fact that the kvk is signed by the wrong level of authority.
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

I agree wtih you. I think all docs are fakes.

Thanks for your opinion......

Mathias

Comment

hello,

please excuse my ignorance but I do not understand what is the wrong with this documents? could be just variants of this kind of documents?
        could you please give me an idea about it.

cordial greetings

Originally posted by Mathias1703
        I agree wtih you. I think all docs are fakes.

Thanks for your opinion......

Mathias

Comment

I gave some reasons in my first post. There's not much to say about the documents themselves, they're, in many cases, a poor indication of originality as good quality blank copies are so freely available. It's what's been typed that gives them away.

The signatures on the U-boat and kvk look as if they're done in pencil?
          The stamp on both are conveniently too faint to read, yet the docs look quite fresh and unfaded.
          They were not signed 'chef einer unterseebootsflotille' the flotille would be given.
          The level of authority for the kvk is too low. It should be signed at fleet or command headquarters level, either by the commanding admiral or a representative. A flotille commander is simply too low down the chain of command.
          Lastly it also appears that the same typewriter has been used for the frontspange and kvk docs.

I would also have expected an EKII rather than a kvk here, but that's not an impossible combination, just odd.
          The last thing would be to go through all the U-baot flotille commanders to try and match the signatures (another reason for the faker not having a clear stamp and no flotille number)
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X