German Cemetery after the Russians ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German Cemetery after the Russians ....

.The remnants of a German cemetery after the Russians came around....any wonder they are difficult to findd today......
    ....Umans,Soviet Union,March 1944......

http://www.kriegsgraeber-ukraine.inf...ture/Uman2.jpg

Verdammte Russen.

Comment

Winners are not judged. And who seeks will always find.

Comment

Originally posted by Voltigeur View Post
        .The remnants of a German cemetery after the Russians came around....any wonder they are difficult to findd today......
        ....Umans,Soviet Union,March 1944......

http://www.kriegsgraeber-ukraine.inf...ture/Uman2.jpg

There was a giant POW concentration camp in Uman for Russians POW. Conditions there were terrible, thousands of Russian POW died, and no one knows where there grave is. Destructions in French Oradour-sur-Glane village made by Germans in USSR took place in greater scale, many villages and towns were totally destroyed, that is why locals held such actions towards German graveyards.

Comment

Originally posted by ME109 View Post
          Verdammte Russen.
          Damn 20 million dead Russians, huh?

Millions burned in ovens, right?

WR Kirill

Comment

Originally posted by ME109 View Post
            Verdammte Russen.
            "Damned" Russians saved the world from nazi plague, you should remember it and keep away from such comments. This images are posted to show horrors of war and to avoid it repetition. I have seen German photos with hanged civilians and dead KL prisoners as well. How should I comment them?!

Comment

Originally posted by dan734 View Post
              "Damned" Russians saved the world from nazi plague, you should remember it and keep away from such comments. This images are posted to show horrors of war and to avoid it repetition. I have seen German photos with hanged civilians and dead KL prisoners as well. How should I comment them?!
              Well said, we would have been knackered in Europe without the Russian sacrifices & then American help later.

Comment

There is so much hypocrisy out of so many of you on a Wehrmacht forum it puzzles me. Are there paid trolls on this board ? Someone posts a photo of a desecrated German cemetery, which should at the least cause you to give pause to those husbands, sons, fathers, and brothers who may have been lost forever. Instead we have to endure the twisted logic of they got what they deserved. If you only mourn the deaths of Russian pow's, concentration camp victims, or anyone else, but throw insults on the enemy, you are a disgrace and a hypocrite. All lives matter, not just the lives of (insert your cause here), that's racist, and hateful. Something so many of you must not have learned from the war.

I see this just like someone on here many years ago praised his countries bombing of Hamburg, killing many women and children, yet he was upset at the bombing of London and lamented how the evil Germans got what they deserved. Do you learn nothing brothers?

Comment

Originally posted by Bcarver View Post
                  Are there paid trolls on this board ?
                  my answer here is not directed at anyone here in thread so far , but in my estimation the answer is YES.

'Been done by all sorts of individuals and org,s; both governmental and business in social media in general, ala Wikipedia, facebook....

Bringing myself back to this thread in general,
                  I must admit I see everyone's point of view here.

Being one who has done research in this exact type of situation shown in first post-I also have greater appreciation for the "whys," of desecrating these burial areas.
                  --I do not in any way mean I condone any of it by anyone!-but with greater clarity (knowing exactly what those involved actually thought[My clarification on this point : or claim to have thought] at the time) means realizing the world aint black and white like we all usually want to claim it is.

Comment

Thanks Michael, I don't rant and rave on here but this kind of hatred and stupidity just get to me. It's like saying if Arlington got bulldozed that we Americans had it coming because we bombed so and so.

Comment

shades of grey equals nuanced multiplicities of complexity

Thanks Michael, I don't rant and rave on here but this kind of hatred and stupidity just get to me. It's like saying if Arlington got bulldozed that we Americans had it coming because we bombed so and so.
                      Completely understood.
                      The world is shades of grey
                      and shades of grey equals nuanced multiplicities of complexity
                      which in turn equals high emotions on all sides

Comment

It's like saying if Arlington got bulldozed that we Americans had it coming because we bombed so and so.
                        That makes no sense at all. To make your point valid, you'd need to set up Arlington in a country invaded by the US. For the sake of argument, if a modern day adversary of the US – let's go with ISIS – set up a memorial for their dead on US soil, what would you do? Let it respectfully stand, or obliterate it? No answer required, I'm sure.

If you can't understand why the Soviets eradicated German graves, you seriously need to do some more reading. The German invader was hated with a white-hot intensity... so why would they allow graves honouring those invaders to stand? It was a war without limits. No compassion.

Do I feel upset that the graves were desecrated? Yes, I certainly do. I count many German veterans and families as friends. But to condemn the Russians ("Verdammte Russen") for eradicating German grave markers on Russian soil reveals that the poster has no understanding of the Soviet mentality.

Respectfully,
                        Jason Mark
                        Long-time researcher of the German-Soviet war and author of many books

Comment

One can certainly understand the temerity and attitude of the Russian population towards the removal of grave markers and denkmals placed in many locations. Many of which, but certainly not all were often marked with swastikas, or sigrunen of various sizes. Such symbols no doubt even when markled on crosses in many cemeteries and on associated monuments guaranteed there complete removal once such areas were cleared by Soviet ground forces.
                          Last edited by Edward; 09-11-2016, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Jason, great to hear from you and I have all of your books. As I reread my posts I believe I was writing with emotion. My point is that I get tired of the hypocracy on here sometimes. I have seen photos of the Russians bulldozing these cemeteries to eradicate them, and the men in them. I don't feel good about people justifying the actions of the Soviet Union, who truly was a murderous regime with up to 70 million dead on their hands. I see this as excusing the Soviets, while condemning the Germans. That's all I was trying to convey.

Comment

Might explain why the temp grave markers are so hard to find also , if you collect that sort of thing .

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X