No announcement yet.

Collecting Photo Albums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, often the first one or two photos in an album are gone. These were likely Hitler and/or the original owner: Hitler was torn up and the original owner went into the family scrap book. Sometimes Hitler is still there and has been X-ed out.

Also note that many albums contain professionally taken photos which could be purchased at the PX for benefit of those without cameras. These photos are not as unique as private snapshots but still interesting.

Some albums were completely commercially prepared. They most often have the unit insignia on the cover, and contain professional real photos with printed text underneath.

Some albums have commercial covers with the unit insignia or ship name and have private shots inside.

Comment

Robert Hi,
      Is that a temp suspension from ebay?? I wish I had as many in my odds and sods cupboard
      Regards
      Si

SWS Collection 01-14 Images Copyright.

Comment

Jason, whilst thinking about it where do you get your acid free pages from and how much do they set you back??
        Regards
        Si

Comment

Originally posted by Simon W Saffin
          Jason, whilst thinking about it where do you get your acid free pages from and how much do they set you back??
          I bought them at a craft store called Ben Franklins. The acid free paper was .75 cents a page and the acid free plastic sleeves were $4 for a pack of ten. If you are having trouble finding some let me know, I will get some for you.

JasonS

Comment

Originally posted by Simon W Saffin
            Robert Hi,
            Is that a temp suspension from ebay?? I wish I had as many in my odds and sods cupboard
            Hello Simon,

it is a temporary suspension, but I have to "crawl into their a§§" to end that suspension. Means I have to send them a copy of my personal ID-card, verified and confirmed by the authorities and I have to make a written statement that I will obey their rules in the future.
            I was doing a lot of auctions in the last two years, but the majority of my auctions was NOT 3rd Reich. I offer many nice old postcards, books and paperwork of all kind. Of course also from Nazi-period. For a long time it was a peaceful and safe trading. In january they began to delete auctions with photos and postcards which had the swastika on them. These were postcards which had been mailed as fieldpost and had of course the swastika in the fieldpost stamp, nothing else. Hundreds of auctions are running like these every day. I complained about the treatment and I have the strong suspect that from then on I was on their "black-list". When I started new auctions it took only few hours since the first deletions were made.
            I tried to discuss things with them, but my Emails were answered only with standard reply text. It is very annoying.
            I hope I can end the suspension soon.

Kind regards
            Robert

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Noss
              Hello Simon,

it is a temporary suspension, but I have to "crawl into their a§§" to end that suspension. Means I have to send them a copy of my personal ID-card, verified and confirmed by the authorities and I have to make a written statement that I will obey their rules in the future.
              I was doing a lot of auctions in the last two years, but the majority of my auctions was NOT 3rd Reich. I offer many nice old postcards, books and paperwork of all kind. Of course also from Nazi-period. For a long time it was a peaceful and safe trading. In january they began to delete auctions with photos and postcards which had the swastika on them. These were postcards which had been mailed as fieldpost and had of course the swastika in the fieldpost stamp, nothing else. Hundreds of auctions are running like these every day. I complained about the treatment and I have the strong suspect that from then on I was on their "black-list". When I started new auctions it took only few hours since the first deletions were made.
              I tried to discuss things with them, but my Emails were answered only with standard reply text. It is very annoying.

Kind regards
              Robert
              Robert, for the "spanienkreuzträger" portraits you can address directly to me, without crossing thriugh Ebay
              jacques

Comment

Originally posted by JasonS
                I bought them at a craft store called Ben Franklins. The acid free paper was .75 cents a page and the acid free plastic sleeves were $4 for a pack of ten. If you are having trouble finding some let me know, I will get some for you.

JasonS
                Jason Hi,
                Thanks for the kind offer, I will have to have another look around my town if not I will drop you a PM.

Thanks again greatly appreciated
                Regards
                Si

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Noss
                  Hello Simon,

Kind regards
                  Robert
                  Hi Robert,
                  I know that feeling, a few years back had a real up & downer with them and I eventually got the order of the boot

I will have to keep an eye out for your handle when your back on board the steaight and narrow
                  Regards
                  Si

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X