Some interesting tree´s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some interesting tree´s

Interesting photo with some snipers......
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Mogdala
    Interesting photo with some snipers......
    Well, my own instruction in camoflage comes to mind. Never wear the camo so high you look like 1) A moving bush or 2) a tree. The Christmas Tree man is straight out of a cartoon.

Comment

The photo is taken in a training camp.

The christmas tree soldier looks funny, you´re right.

How many "sniper schools" existed during the 2.WW?

Comment

[QUOTE=Mogdala]The photo is taken in a training camp.

I am not certain this is a sniper school. I cant see enough detail to the rifles to see whether they are scoped or not. Sorry, I cant answer the question on high many sniper schools were run. I wish I could. I can remember only one right now.

Remember every soldier recieves instruction in basic camoflage. The types of camoflage displayed in your photograph look to be for demonstrative purposes. Again, with the exception of the two birdsnests or bush heads and the Christmas tree the others are okay.The soldier in snow camo is wrong. Silhouetted against a treeline his camo should be white overtrousers and regular top. Think of a white dot against a dark green background...easy target.

The degree of correct camoflage is always based on environment and study of the terrain you will operate in. Time always plays an important role as well. Hasty camoflage or well prepared. Your photograph seems to reflect this.

A great photograph.

Comment

Thank for the comment. I´ve got some other photos from the same unit, give me some minutes and i will post them.

You can also see a barrack with the writting "Scharfschützen Kompanie........" i can´t read it exactly.

Comment

Here is another photo
            Attached Files

Comment

[QUOTE=Lloyd I.]
              Originally posted by Mogdala
              I am not certain this is a sniper school. I cant see enough detail to the rifles to see whether they are scoped or not.
              I'd say yes, because I think that's a scope on the rifle of the fifth man.

Great photo, quite funny too

Comment

the building..
                Attached Files

Comment

[QUOTE=Tim_DC]
                  Originally posted by Lloyd I.

I'd say yes, because I think that's a scope on the rifle of the fifth man.

Great photo, quite funny too
                  You are right I think. I adjusted the contrast in Photoshop and the detail is better. They have camoflaged the recievers with foliage to stop the glare off them. Still not enough to discern a scope or not though. Certainly not a high turret or otherwise.

Mogdala, the scans dont provide enough detail when I blow them up to get the details. Maybe scan at a higher resolution. Despite that though they are great photographs as they are presented here. It is nice to see the image Sniper_2.jpg as it looks like it would be very detailed on the original.

Thanks.
                  Last edited by Lloyd I.; 02-09-2005, 02:19 PM.

Comment

The photos were dated with January 1944. The soldier in photo 2 who explained something is Kompaniechef Oberleutnant Ullrich.

Here in this picture you can nicely see the "Jäger" badge.

So i know there was a school in Königsbrück where else?
                    Attached Files

Comment

close up
                      Attached Files

Comment

Here is a close up......

I read Scharfschützenkompanie Wehrbereich....... VIII
                        Attached Files

Comment

The photos are much clearer, but that´s the best i can do.

Comment

Interesting. There were seven locations were snipers were trained, they are listed below. Unfortunately I don't know which area Wehrbereich VIII was. Perhaps someone else can answer that?

Truppenübungsplätze,TÜPL, für die Scharfschützenausbildungen:

TÜPL Stablack
                            TÜPL Wandern
                            TÜPL Hohenfels
                            TÜPL Obergruppe
                            TÜPL Münsingen
                            TÜPL Lamsdorf
                            TÜPL Seetaler Alpe

Best regards/ Daniel

Comment

Daniel thank you for the info.

What about Hammelburg - wasn´t it also a sniper training school?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X