Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1925 SA/SS Paperwork

Hi all,

I am looking for some help. This document has come into my possession, it concerns a chap called Willy Weigel from Lichtenfels. It appears Willy joined the SA in May 1925, the NSDAP on the 1st June 1927 with number 63174 and from June 1930 was serving in the SS.

I am interested to see if anyone has any information on Willy? As he is an early SA, Party and SS member i am hoping there is some information out there. Anyway, here is a photo of the document.

Regards, D.
    Attached Files

Hi Don, and welcome among us! It's good to have you here!

You present an interesting document and, like you, if I had this piece in my collection, I would want to confirm as many of the details stated in the document a possible. I have no entry on my GPB list for this person's name or NSDAP Membership Number -- which is certainly not conclusive since my list only attributes less than one-third of the numbers known to have received the GPB, thus far -- so I checked the early issues of the Dienstalterslisten for Weigel's name. I did find an SS-Untersturmführer named "Dr. Willi Weigel" listed in the 1937 and 1938 issues of the DAL, though that person's NSDAP Number was 271683, not 63174 as mentioned in your document. Since your document was written in March of 1936, Weigel should be listed in the DAL if he held an officer's rank, and apparently your Willy Weigel did not.

How to go further with researching this person? I would suggest that you contact one of the professional researchers used by colleagues of WAF who specializes in SS research:

Mr. Ross J. Kelbaugh
    Historic Graphics & Research Service, LLC

Email: ssdolch@yahoo.com

Ross is also a member here on WAF, and hopefully he and his staff can assist you further. With all good wishes in your quest,

Br. James

Comment

One further request if I may, Don: if you are successful in establishing any or all of the details about Willy Weigel as mentioned in this document, please let us know!

Many thanks,

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X