Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Surrender picture on estand...

I dont think it is real....

Foggy image, and not sharp with lines through it like its bad paper...

Just my two cents...
    Attached Files

Seems quite typical of an official photo reprinted hundreds or thousands of times for sale to the troops.
    Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

The writing looks like felt-tip pen not fountain-pen!

Comment

For me its a fake -

1) It is a photo was taken of a photo, to produce a negative.

2) Take a would be strong negative and burn it on 1950s Agfa or Wartime Agfa Paper and it will for sure give a result like this.

I studied analog photography as a hobby and do mostly Astro-Photography, but have seen similar results as the fake photo when using old stock photo paper. Even Agfa which still can be found today easily unopened.

Photos are not easy to fake, if you know what to look out for you wouldn't get burned on them... Because especially German Ebay is full of fake photos...

Comment

So tell me how you would tell the difference between a reprint of an official photo obtained by a veteran and something made last week in order to deceive?
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

I don't like that one either. It looks like a copy of a copy of a copy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mil-Archive View Post
              I don't like that one either. It looks like a copy of a copy of a copy.
              Exactly...

@Simon - Firstly, its image quality, this one doesnt stand up to any I have ever seen in terms of image quality, the white mist through it is a clear sign its been copied.

I would not want it in my collection...

Comment

Of course it's a copy, all prints are copies, some from negatives, others from prints. That doesn't make them 'fake'. My point is, you can't tell if that print was made in 1941 or 1951 or 1961 or when the writing was added.

I've seen some very ropey prints in veterans albums, perhaps vets borrowing from each other and getting copies made.

That doesn't mean to say i'd pay for it, just that it wasn't necessarily printed in order to deceive.

Comment

***cough cough ***

Just saw your posts....thank you very much guys.

i am going to send it back.

If a moderator could erase it from the estand if it s not already Done please ?

Cheers.
                  sigpic

-=Always looking for French cadets infos at Shaw Field South Carolina 1944=-

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X