LUFTWAFFE pilot burial ceremony ARADO seaplane identification wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am looking for the place, date and unit where this picture was taken. Two coffins with medals and badges on the pillow on top, I guess two pilots from a crashed Arado? Thx for help. PICT0217.JPG

Almost all the hangers were identical. It will be very hard to match that to anywhere unless you find it in a newspaper etc. It looks very early , maybe a training accident.

Comment

A clear high-resolution scan of the image will help greatly in this case, otherwise it will be extremely difficult to progress your question.

A close up of the funeral pillows might also offer additional chances as to finding out more, as would details of the uniforms and awards of the parading airmen.

Is there anything written on the back of the photo at all?

Regards Richard.
      Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

Thank you for your help Richard, there is nothing written on the backside, I better scan only reveal the EK1 of both Officers in front

Comment

another picture of the same ceremony

PICT0279.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by glaser View Post
            Thank you for your help Richard, there is nothing written on the backside, I better scan only reveal the EK1 of both Officers in front
            I wish I could help however, there is virtually nothing to go on to establish a date, location or further details.

Your best hope is that someone is familiar with the event from previously published images.

Regards Richard.
            Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

Note in the second photo lack of breast eagles on the enlisted flight blouses - that should put that photo mid-1940 or earlier, no?

Comment

Hi,

let me ask the friends of "Eagles Over Europe".

See You

Vince

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X