X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gordon Gollob stamped photo

Hi!
    About two years ago I bought this photo with a stamp of Gollob:

http://www.tradera.com/auction/aucti...x?aid=10647198 (bigger picture)

I bought it either from "frankandfrank" or "gvafva" on Ebay (the memory is good but short). The seller claimed that it was a privatephoto (AGFA) of Gollob and I had no reason not to believe him when the piece came.

Now, due to an economic crisis I have to sell parts of my collection, so I put this piece to auction and sold it. The buyer claims this is not a photo but a postcard and he wants to call the deal off.
    Could anyone help me out here?

many photos where developed with the look of a postcard, thats with addresslines on the backside.

Comment

Thanks for Your reply.

Yes I know many photos looked like postcards, shouldnt there be a small text in the lower corner if it was a postcard? (Hoffmann postcards for example) or a text on the backside of the photo describing the front?

It sure has an adressline on the backside but no describing text and no text on the front.

Comment

the text indicates who the copyright belonged to. not all photos have text. and ofcourse, if this is a orignal photo, no one knows if Gollob made several copies.

Comment

The card is lighted with UV-lamp, if you thought of new copies?

Comment

Postcards

Postcard stock was routinely used for personal portrait photos.

I am holding in my hand right now two private photos that came from a Spanish Cross grouping -- there are the address "lines" on the back for sending them but no other captions or photographer names/addresses. None of that.

These were also the types of photos that were signed by well-known personalities in response to requests from young people (HJ). I even have one that is stamped on the back to a local NSFK organization.

Do not worry. Here is an example. I don't have a scan of the back, but it is plain. Just faint lines for the address.

Mike

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Comment

Thank you both for your answers.

Anyway, I cancelled the auction. Dont want any unsatisfied customers.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X