Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paulus & Pavelic

Hello guys

here is a nice catch taken on September 24, 1942, outside of Vinnitsa in German-occupied Ukraine. Pavelic Headed to Golubinskaya, Friedrich Paulus’s headquarters 75 miles west of Stalingrad.

Pavelic was on his way to decorate the Croatian and Bosnian Muslim troops in the Hrvatska Legija, the 369th Croatian Reinforced Infantry Regiment, attached to the German 100th Light Infantry Division, before they began their assault on Stalingrad.

At the back it says :

The Croatian statesman of the "Poglawnik" -
    O.(ber) B.(efehlshaber)- commander-in-chief -
    pick up from the airport Golubinka (Don)

Thx Gerdan...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by H.W Plainview; 05-11-2016, 05:59 PM.
    sigpic

-=Always looking for French cadets infos at Shaw Field South Carolina 1944=-

Very interesting. I've seen lots of photos of this meeting – I used quite a few in my book "Croatian Legion" (http://www.leapinghorseman.com.au/pr...75107683&cat=5) – but your photo is new to me.

The photo was not taken near Vinnitsa, but at Golubinka airfield, a few km from the Don River.

Jason

Comment

Very cool pic especially considering what was going to happen during the next 2 months.
      Thanks for showing.

Comment

indeed that is the beginning of the end.

thank you guys, sorry for the bad editing of course it was at the Golubinka airfield....!

@jmark, you found some amazing photos as well in your book, very nice.
        sigpic

-=Always looking for French cadets infos at Shaw Field South Carolina 1944=-

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
        X