Removing fingerprints form a photograph

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing fingerprints form a photograph

I just bought a photo but unfortunately the surface is covered with fingerprints. How do I remove these without damaging the photograph?

Best regards/ Daniel
    Last edited by D. Löwenhamn; 02-01-2005, 12:20 PM.

Good question!
    I'm curious for the answer too.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim_DC
      Good question!
      I'm curious for the answer too.
      Hi,
      In the past I did have the same problem, with fingerprints on photos, old glue, fly dung etc.
      First I tried it out on old just common photos and it worked.

Turn the watertap on, use handwarmwater, let it stream, make your photo through and through wet, use a soft soap, and clean the photo, still under the handwarmwaterstream with your fingers, believe me it works, but try it first on not so interesting or just any other old photo to feel how it works for yourself.
      Be sure that the photo is entirely wet before using the soap and your fingers otherwise you will damage the image.
      It works on glossy and dull photos.
      After that lay the wet photo away with the image on top, do not put your fingers again on the image as it will be feeling a bit sticky till the photo is dry again.
      You can use a hairdryer or just wait till the photo is dry by itself, sometimes the photo will be bent, but when it is dry you can put it under a heavy book.

Hope you guys understand my poor dutch-english.

yours
      eric-jan bakker

Comment

Mmm and what about the paper back of the picture isnt this affected by your method? It looks to me there are others ways to accomplish this problem, but I dont know how !

But I have to say Ive put some new pics under water when I was younger, just for the fun and swee what happend, and the pics werent affected by the water (after they dried). BUT THESE WHERE BRAND NEW PICS NOT WW2 ONES!!!

Regards Sbas

Comment

Eric is right - nothing happens to the photos!
          They will not be damaged by the water.

I tried this several times. You only have to be a little bit careful if there is ink on the rear. That might give problems.

Best wishes
          Joerg

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X