Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Italian Solider Photo's {Anyone?}

Dear All,
    As I haven't posted here for a while, I thought I would scan this one and show it here. This is the only Italian soldier photo I have, I am sure there must be loads out there, but I haven't seen too many of them, so if you have please feel free to add them on.

Anyway, I think this is a nice informal snap, if any can translate the Italian for me it would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files
    Regards
    Si

SWS Collection 01-14 Images Copyright.

reverse
    Attached Files
    Regards
    Si

Comment

Good Morning Gentlemen!

The soldier in the photo is a Vice Brigadiere (Seargent) of the Reali Carabinieri (Royal Military Police). The sentence on the back of the photo means: "Greetings from Kossovo (Southern Yugoslavia - Northern Albania), May 15th, 1942, 20th year of the Fascist Era".

Nice photo, Sir!

Ciao

Comment

M.G, Firstly welcome to the forum its nice to have you here and I hope you enjoy your time at WA.

Thank you for your comments on the photo and the translation, it was/is greatly appreciated. When I saw this photo, I just had to have it, it is my first Italian, hopefully it will be the first of many, to add to my collection
        Regards
        Si

Comment

Nice to be here! I already had a great result here on the forum, because a member sent me a photo of my city, Reggio Calabria, Italy, took in 1943 and there is clearly visible MY HOUSE .

Ciao

Comment

Italian Soldier photos

These photos were on my thread before, M.G. Novello give his help, the man on the photo is Maresciallo d'Italia Pietro Badoglio, I thought it is nice on this thread to.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Hans Rinsma; 01-30-2005, 01:20 PM. Reason: xx

Comment

Italian Soldier photo's

The photo's were taken ,wenn he visit Berlin.

Originally posted by Hans Rinsma
              These photos were on my thread before, M.G. Novello give his help, the man on the photo is Maresciallo d'Italia Pietro Badoglio, I thought it is nice on this thread to.
              Last edited by Hans Rinsma; 01-30-2005, 01:21 PM. Reason: x

Comment

Hans,

Thanks for adding these I hadn't seen them before, very nice indeed
                Regards
                Si

Comment

Photo of an Italian border guard(?) during the war, along with his 2 German counterparts.

Originally posted by Simon W Saffin
                  Dear All,
                  As I haven't posted here for a while, I thought I would scan this one and show it here. This is the only Italian soldier photo I have, I am sure there must be loads out there, but I haven't seen too many of them, so if you have please feel free to add them on.

Anyway, I think this is a nice informal snap, if any can translate the Italian for me it would be greatly appreciated.
                  Last edited by Thomas Schwend; 04-10-2006, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Italian Solider Photo's

Hi Simon, there was a third , this was the reasen that I bought the three photos.

On the photos a Mercedes-Benz 320 Pullmann-Cabriolet F, I have a same type in my garage, it was found in Russia.

Originally posted by Simon W Saffin
                    Hans,

Thanks for adding these I hadn't seen them before, very nice indeed
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thomas thanks for sharing your photo, is it me or do those German boarder guards seem to have an interesting collar insignia?

Hans, you will have to show us a pic of your mercades. How did you bring it back from Russia?
                      Regards
                      Si

Comment

[QUOTE=Simon W Saffin]Thomas thanks for sharing your photo, is it me or do those German boarder guards seem to have an interesting collar insignia?QUOTE]

I think those are standard customs officer insignia. I do not know enough about German uniforms to say for sure though. Here is the entire photo. Does anyone know what sort of branch of service the Italian soldier is in? Italian Customs? Army?
                        Thanks,
                        Thomas
                        Last edited by Thomas Schwend; 04-10-2006, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Hi Thomas

The Italian on the right, it is possible that he may be an Apline?? Just a thought
                          Regards
                          Si

Comment

Gentlemen,

the second soldier from left is an italian member of the Revenue Guard Corps (Guardia di Finanza). At that time this corps watched over the borders and his main duty was to prevent smuggling. In that period a branch of the Fascist Militia, the "Milizia Confinaria" was the official border guard. The other man who is wearing an uniform similar to the Alpine Troops doesn't look as an italian soldier. He doesn't wear any badge or insignias. May be something on the cuff, but I do not think he is italian. I do not know. May be he can be a gamekeeper.

Ciao

Marcello G. Novello
                            Last edited by M.G. Novello; 01-31-2005, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Hello Simon,

Two photos that have been on this forum before but now I have more info on them. Photos were taken in Croatia.
                              First photo: Milizioa Ferroviaria - Fascist Railway Police
                              Second photo: GIL (Gioventu Italiana del Littorio) Youth Fascist Organisation.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X