Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U-boat award documents

Hi folks,
    I'm unfamilar with documents. Could anyone comment on these Docs?
    Thanks,
    Colin

Attached Files

Originally posted by Seagullmc
    Hi folks,
    I'm unfamilar with documents. Could anyone comment on these Docs?
    Thanks,
    Colin

Hi Colin,

I think it is a nice group you saw there for sale, looks o.k. to me.
    Alan Beadle's openings are low, but his reserve price is always high, or better to say, too high, or even over the top.
    It all depends on how much you like to have his material.

yours
    Eric-Jan Bakker

Comment

Thanks Eric - for the feedback and the source.

After comparing the sub doc to others it looks like the gap between the badge image at the top and border is too large. Also, the badge image looks a little less detailed. I just don't know how much variability is ok.

Thanks,
      Colin

Originally posted by Eric JB
      Hi Colin,

I think it is a nice group you saw there for sale, looks o.k. to me.
      Alan Beadle's openings are low, but his reserve price is always high, or better to say, too high, or even over the top.
      It all depends on how much you like to have his material.

yours
      Eric-Jan Bakker

Comment

Hi There

The group isn't actually a listing from Alan Beadle, it is from me. I purchased the group a while back from him and did some research on the recipient.
        I'm selling this, along with some other U-boat/Luftwaffe items, wehrpass's, Soldbuch's etc. I've purchased, so that I can buy other items... the reserve price is about the going rate for a scarce group like this (cheaper than many dealers would charge) as I'm not bothered about making a profit on this item, just my listing/selling fee

The complete group is very nice, especially to a Chief Petty Officer and I'm happy with the originality - even checking this forums previous posts, you'll come across different variations another good indication is the U-boatman was very hard to track down. He wasn't in any books or lists (such as ubootwaffe.net) and I was only able to get info. on him with the kind help of Hubertus Weggelaar who contacted one of his expert friends to try and find some info on this man and I've still to find what u-boat he served on later in the war. If you were going to fake a set of documents surely you'd use the name of someone that could be found on published lists!

Jager1

Comment

Very strange !!!! to see a Mad Jager1 Kill Beadle Dog, what sort of breed is that, an original pedigree or not.
          Must be rare indeed.

Your story sounds great but it isn't:

About a year ago Alan Beadle had for sale, item Y0880 = Luftwaffe Jagdgeschwader 400 Wehrpass (site says Soldbuch but shows Wehrpass when one ask about it), after some time it was for sale on Ebay.com by Mad Kill Dog = Jager1, and surprise surprise it didn't get the reserve price and is now again for sale on Alan Beadles's site, before I forget: when it was for sale on Ebay it was also for sale on the Beadle site.

About the Uboatgroup, when someone can not wait to buy it by auction from Mad Kill Dog = who is Jager1 on this forum, one can also buy it from Alan Beadle who is no longer the owner as he did sell it to Jager1 who is selling it now on Ebay.com, under number Y2396 Kriegsmarine U-Boot Group for £ 685. Or did the man received two groups for safe-keeping as one never knows with all those allied airraids over Germany.

Buy the group, not the story.

Eric JB

Comment

Whatever the story this looks like our man!

<TABLE cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>Lange <TD vAlign=top>Otto <TD vAlign=top>OMaschMt <TD vAlign=top><TD vAlign=top>+00.09.1994 <TD vAlign=top>U-409

awards U-boat Badge. E.K.2. 29.06.42. Frontspange. 20.12.44. War Merit Cross.20.04.45.
            </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Source: Hubertus Weggelaar http://www.ubootwaffe.net/crews/crews.cgi

/Ian
            Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jewison
              Whatever the story this looks like our man!

<TABLE cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>Lange <TD vAlign=top>Otto <TD vAlign=top>OMaschMt <TD vAlign=top><TD vAlign=top>+00.09.1994 <TD vAlign=top>U-409

awards U-boat Badge. E.K.2. 29.06.42. Frontspange. 20.12.44. War Merit Cross.20.04.45.
              </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Source: Hubertus Weggelaar http://www.ubootwaffe.net/crews/crews.cgi

/Ian
              yes Ian that is the man, maybe a phonecall or an eamil to the UBootarchive in Cuxhaven can give the man's other sub or subs he was on.

yours
              EJB

Comment

I can't quite follow the chain of ownership but I know the award info for this crewman is available and the sub award doc has the gap I mentioned that is not demonstrated in any similar (I'm calling the 2nd form) document. I have attached a comparison.

For Sale

Usual docs

The detail is better as well and the eagle looks like schwerin!
                Regards,
                Colin
                Attached Files

Comment

Eric JB

I have just checked the posts on this forum, to find that overnight I have changed into Alan Beadle! - strangely I look the same and feel the same, My girlfriend also sais there is no change in me!
                  I think maybe you've been reading a few too many Sherlock Holmes books...
                  The simple matter is, I've purchased several items from Alan in the past (and other dealers) , sometimes I hang onto things for a long time, sometimes I decide I want something else and decide I wish to sell these items - this I think is common with collectors.

In the instance of both the JG400 pass, the U-boat group (and several other items I'm keeping), if Alan has neglected to remove them from his website, thats up to him - I don't care, I'm sure if people ask him for the items, he tells them they are sold.

So sorry nothing deceptive here - my username on Ebay is kill-mad-dog2 and my username on this forum is Jager1- from my business; Jager

Finally I do find it quite wierd that someone would have remembered so much info on me and my deals, that I've never dealt with before - or have I, your not Elvis are you!

Jager1

Comment

So what's your real name? Is there a reason to hide it?

Incidentally, I thought the KG400 Soldbuch was lastly at Regimetals for exactly the same price.....as far as I know it is removed from both sites!?!!?

Ah, it is still on Mr. Beadles site.....there is at least one other that I have seen with another dealer.....sold or unsold!?

Who cares..................

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Hi Ian

Thought I'd added my real name- its Justin aka kill-mad-dog2, aka Jager1 - any will do.

And as you say 'who cares' - does it really matter where something is being sold, as long as no-ones trying to rip anyone off!!!

Jager1

Comment

Thats why I added who cares...as I don't.......obviously someone does as they made wrote a large post about............

Comment

GAGA Jager1 GAGA , just a good memory, nothing else, but sometimes ones see material for sale at three places at one moment, and with all those nick/hidden-names it isn't sure who is who in the material of world-war two.

Eric-Jan Bakker

Being Elvis, sure, but only for the money.
                          NOt Holmes, but Blauw.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X