thanks for looking
        Attached Files

Comment

bigger pic
          Attached Files

Comment

Nice photos...!

finis
            Last edited by seekwhence; 11-28-2005, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Don't take them out of the album if they are attached, we can see them fine . Those are great pictures and I hope you enjoy them. Any more?

Dave- I would also like to see some of the photos you mentioned.

JasonS

Comment

Color cavalry images...

finis
                Last edited by seekwhence; 11-28-2005, 12:23 AM.

Comment

yes please thanks doug

Comment

Brilliant Dave, thanks for sharing.
                    Your slides are amazing, can i ask, are the cavalry shots from the French campaign?

Ian

Comment

Superb Color Photos

seekwhence, I'm floored at the color slides you posted. For all us history buffs, folks that have color slides should really start a new topic just on color slides. If I had any slides, I'd be glad to share.... but I'm slide poor . In the book, "The Onslaught" , which slows color photos from the drive to Stalingrad, it claims that there is a color archive "... photographs for this volume were selected from some 1,500 strikingly eloquent colour slides". Slides are in the "German Archive for Art and History" in Germany. It would be fantastic if a publisher would bring these out for the general public to enjoy, much like the Frentz collection (which I hear is very large).

Cheers!
                      Astarr

Comment

finis
                        Last edited by seekwhence; 11-28-2005, 12:22 AM.

Comment

.. more on color..

Dave (seekwhence).. and all..

Odd that publishers would not want to tap us minor historians (God knows I spend enough on WW2 books and vids). I'd like to see the sales numbers from the Arndt color photo books. In many respects, your photos are more interesting (especially for modelers). I've chatted with Remy Spezzano, author of the fantastic Kursk photo series (http://www.rzm.com), and he claims that there is a market out there, but it's about getting the photos in the right format. I have color film footage that I will be shortly offering on DVD, but I know the market is limited. The National Archives has a treasure of film and photo just waiting for a publisher to tap. I'm glad that this forum (and others) exist where we can see photo albums/ photos/ militaria that would otherwise linger in a drawer somewhere. You/others might consider selling CD's with your photos (with watermarks).

At any rate, thank you!! Keep it up .
                          Astarr

Comment

More color cavalry images...

finis
                            Last edited by seekwhence; 11-28-2005, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Excellent set of slides, Dave!

Note the red reflector at the end of barrel of 105mm light howitzer, great crisp shot!

I believe it is the matter of correct choice or targets if we try to market our slide images. I uploaded my Bessarabian-German photo brochure in PDF format on my web page, make it downloadable for free and accepted donation. Only two donated (but that is about what I had expected).

The co-author had a chance to write an article about the brochure on a newspaper of Bessarabian-German community. Immediately over 150 orders for the printed brochure arrived. Due to the very limited audience, he had never expected the amount - he had prepared only 20 copies.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X