Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S T O L E N

Hello Forum,

please keep me in touch when this photo shows up anywhere for sale. It was stolen from a german auction house in week 3 january 2005.

my contact: robert_hassler@hotmail.com
    Attached Files

Will do Robert. Was it yours?

Comment

Hello Bob,

it was in a german auction house, I got the highest bid and they called me that someone has stolen now the picture.

Comment

Wish you all the best in recovering it, Robert. A fine photo of an apparent Dachau guard (SS-Totenkopfstandarte "Oberbayern") and Altekaempfer.

~ Mike

Comment

Robert, so it was not a loss for You, but for the auction house.

I have had such trouble twice. One time I bidded on a smaller lot of portraits, 40 portraits and after I had won the auction and after I got the photos, I discovered that 2 of the better portraits were missing. As these were not all exposed in the auctions catalog, it was hard to proove that 2 photos had been exchanged. Had to pay the whole sum for a less interesting lot anyway ( or could have cancelled the whole deal, but I wanted the other photos too ).

The other case was much more annoying. It was a lot of paper stuff from one soldier which I had given to an auction house. The auction ended without a bid and after I got the papers back, half of them were missing. The auction house gave a refund on the fees from my other auctions, but it was a loss anyway.

I will keep my eyes open for that one.

Kind regards
          Robert

Comment

Hello Rob,

thank you for your reply.
            It is just so bad because ir would fit very nice together with a cufftitle from my collection. But for sure it is better when the auction house loose the picture and not me. We will see ... Yesterday I received the book SS-Steel from Mr.Hicks, I see Robert has given a top suport for pictures. Realy outstanding ones !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X