Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panzer cap query

Hello all,
    Could somebody explain why these panzer officers appear to be wearing the SS "schiffchen" style of cap, please?
    I thought perhaps it was a "style" thing, but was it common? Or am I mistaken and this type was normal wear?
    Many thanks,
    Kerry.
    Attached Files

In my experience this style cap is seen more in pre- and early war photos. While not so common, I don't consider it very rare to see in photos. Finding an actual example is rare, however, in my opinion. But I don't find it to be a very attractive style by comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by pauke View Post
      In my experience this style cap is seen more in pre- and early war photos. While not so common, I don't consider it very rare to see in photos. Finding an actual example is rare, however, in my opinion. But I don't find it to be a very attractive style by comparison.
      Also my experience. The black side cap was introduced in mid 1940. Before you sometimes see officer wearing privat purchased black hats. In some regiments they prefered obviously this style. After 1940 it was most likely replaced by the "Heer" style. Here is a pic of officers PzRgt 7 - i guess somewhen 1939 or 1940.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you gentlemen, it is much clearer now, although, LuckyStrike23, the officer on the far right appears to sport the more orthodox Heer style.
        Kerry.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
        X