Billy Kramer

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ID Deutsche Jugend im Banat und in Serbien...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ID Deutsche Jugend im Banat und in Serbien...

Hello

Got this small convolut yesterday...
    I never saw such one before...

Deutsche Jugend im Banat und in Serbien
    Any infornation about available..?

Best Buckeru
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Very nice. Have not seen this kind of Id before.I have a family member coming from Werschetz what is called Vrsac today and belongs to the Republik of Serbia. About half of the population until 1945 where ethnic germans ( Volksdeutsche) the other serbs and hungarians. In the KUK Monarchy it was part of the Monarchy called Südungarn (South Hungary). Gross Betschkerek (Place of issue) is today called Zrenjanin and is about half an hour with the car to Werschetz. Surrounding villages like Weisskirchen (Bela Crkva) or the town of Pancevo where a recruiting field for the SS Division Prinz Eugen.Been there many times and found some pics of members of the SS Division Prinz Eugen. skalp
      Last edited by skalphunter; 01-03-2016, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeru View Post
        Hello

Got this small convolut yesterday...
        I never saw such one before...

Any infornation about available..?

Best Buckeru
        I have another ID card for the Deutsche Jugend im Banat und in Serbien but it is more grey in colour and lacks a photograph. I assumed it was for an ethnic German youth organisation affiliated to the Hitler Jugend.

Comment

Imo it was Hitlerjugend. Look at the stamp on the picture it´s the HJ rhombus and it also says Bannführung ...
          skalp

Comment

Something that might also be of interest. A DJ diary from Hungary with many interesting photos.
            Attached Files

Comment

I am quite wondered by the mentioned Bann 13, as in 1944 there were only 5 official Bann-numbers at Banat und Serbien.
              This as such is mentioned in "Der DJ-Führer" (Organ der Landesjugendführung der Deutschen Volksgruppe in Rumänien), number 3/4 from March-April 1944.

Werschetz was mentioned to have Bann-number 2.
              Other numbers were:
              Bann 1 = Betschkerek
              Bann 2 = as mentioned
              Bann 3 = Belgrad
              Bann 4 = Kikinda
              Bann 5 = Pantschova

None of the districts from the DJ mentioned to have more then nine Bann-numbers (Rumania); Slovakia = 5; Croatia = 4 and Hungary = 7.
              Last edited by wilhelm Saris; 01-05-2016, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Maybe because it was issued in 1941. I am just guessing so do not to get me wrong. skalp

Comment

Originally posted by skalphunter View Post
                  Maybe because it was issued in 1941. I am just guessing so do not to get me wrong. skalp
                  Look at my information. In 1941 there were no 13 Bann-numbers. In 1941 they hardly had created Bann-numbers then.
                  It all was in the stage of "building up" (Aufbau).
                  I think they intended to say Gefolgschaft 13 with Schar 2, but did not change the words.
                  Last edited by wilhelm Saris; 01-05-2016, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                  X