Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know where this is in Nurnberg?

Anyone know where this is in Nurnberg? Still exist? Thanks

In the center of town, it's still there.

Comment

Thats it I remember it well being stationed outside of Nurnberg in the 80's. It s in the main square towards the castle. TPK

Comment

http://images.google.de/imgres?imgur...LgCjsQrQMIOTAF

http://images.google.de/imgres?imgur...CjsQrQMIwgEwMQ

Gerdan

Comment

Thank you everyone. Happy New Year/Ich danke Ihnen allen. Frohes neues Jahr!

Nürnberger Altstadt (Nürnberg)

Last edited by BlackWatch1; 12-29-2015, 08:52 AM.

Comment

That last photo is great. Wonderful exposue, composition and geometry. Did you take it? May I ask what camera/ lens you used.

Regards,
            W.Unland

Comment

Originally posted by W.Unland View Post
              That last photo is great. Wonderful exposue, composition and geometry. Did you take it? May I ask what camera/ lens you used.

Regards,
              W.Unland
              The only photo of mine is the first one I posted with the TR flags. The others I found on the net. Happy New Year!

Comment

Hi Black Watch,

Just in case no one has given you the name and details of this structure, here they are via Wikipedia: "Schöner Brunnen (beautiful fountain) is a 14th-century fountain located on Nuremberg's main market next to the town hall and is considered one of the main attractions of the city's Historical Mile. The fountain is approximately 19 meters high and has the shape of a Gothic spire."

Equally famous is the "Goose Man Fountain" created in the 15th century and is located just around the corner from the Beautiful Fountain, standing closer to the Saint Sebald Church (Lutheran) just off the Market Square. Here's some info: "There are probably few collectors of beer steins who have not heard of the world-famous Gänsemännchen Fountain in Nuremberg. The Gänsemännchen or "Little Goose-Man", is a small, but life-like bronze sculpture of a peasant who is holding a goose under each arm. Out of the beaks of the geese spew jets of water into the basin of the fountain. Also, on the upper part and on either side of the base there is a water-spouting fish."

Both the Schöner Brunnen and the Gänsemännchen Fountain play prominent parts in the early frames of "Triumph of the Will."

Cheers,

Br. James

Comment

Those are great pictures!

Having lived in the South for so long, and can't take cold weather anymore, being in Nürnberg during the Christkindlesmarkt would be the only time I would ever want to be cold and see snow again!

Greg

(and don't forget to rub the brass ring!)
                  Attached Files
                  sigpicFacebook "Tigers in the Ardennes" book page
                  www.facebook.com/TigersintheArdennes

Comment

Originally posted by Greg View Post

Yes, but only when using the left arm to rotate the ring

Comment

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post
                      Yes, but only when using the left arm to rotate the ring
                      And, of course, one must choose the correct ring as well...

My wife and I very much enjoyed the Christkindlmarkt in Nürnberg, though a bit overcrowded on weekends.

Best,
                      John
                      Last edited by InfanterieSammler; 12-30-2015, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Find the crown on the right side of the gate . . .

Originally posted by Greg View Post
                        Hey Greg - It was your Brother that put her up to spinning the thing . . . and then told us the legend promised a newborn baby to those who did!

Shhheewww . . . when I got Home, was I ever happy to read that wasn't really true.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X