1945 Hilter/Burgdorf document

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1945 Hilter/Burgdorf document

What do you guys think? It's good right? I just got this off Alexander. Wasn't cheap but was a steal for a Hitler signed document just 48 days before he ended it all.

Love his signature on it. Shows what a broken man he was at this point.

It looks ok to me, but wait for more opinions

Comment

Looks good to me... a nice original piece by the looks. though Looks can deceive...

Although maybe post close ups of the signatures, that will give you a better idea of opinions.

Burgdorf... isn't he the one that shot himself with Krebs in the Bunker??

Eva x

Comment

Originally posted by EvaB1945 View Post
        Looks good to me... a nice original piece by the looks. though Looks can deceive...

Although maybe post close ups of the signatures, that will give you a better idea of opinions.

Burgdorf... isn't he the one that shot himself with Krebs in the Bunker??

Eva x
        yes he did.

Comment

What makes you sure it is not a forgery? The word infantry isn't even Spelled correct. There are also some very talented forgers out there, in fact I have a book about forgeries of all kinds , like hitler diaries , signatures, autopens, Mussolini, and encompasses scandals from subjects one may not even realize we're forged.
          There is bleeding where this paper was folded that has traces of mimeograph ink Or carbon paper bled from the type, not sure hitler used mimeograph or stencil typed for single items or even at all and if so that would be for multiple copies, if so why would he sign a copy ? Just makes me have pause.
          I would always suggest an expert on the subject be consulted before you start patting yourself on the back too much about this one.
          The generals signature also needs checked , as does the paper it is typed on...but nothing personal , I am just not as optimistic and prefer items are checked before the buy, as Hitlers signature is probably one of the highest forged signature of our time.Thanks for showing it and please don't be offended at my observations, one must be sure before purchasing any famous persons signature in this world today with forgers ready to take your hard earned cash, especially something so late. Seems hitlers signature was so much more deteriorated at that late date that this one actually looks too good.
          Last edited by juoneen; 12-09-2015, 11:40 PM.

Comment

I refrain from judging the entire thing but "Jnfanterie" is not incorrect. It's one way to spell it.

Comment

No problem with the spelling of the word Infanterie as German use of what we consider a J is often used, especially in the Wehrmacht.

Comment

Ron, what about the word Chef?

Comment

I see no problem about the word Chef itself.

<a href="http://wwii.germandocsinrussia.org/de/nodes/1447#page/3/mode/inspect/zoom/4">Источник в библиотеке</a>
                  <div id="docview-galery" data-hash="#page/3/mode/inspect/zoom/4"></div>
                  <script src="http://wwii.germandocsinrussia.org/de/nodes/1447-akte-663-okh-chef-heerespersonalamt-hinweise-des-chefs-des-heerespersonalamtes-fur-adjutanten/docview_script"></script>

Comment

https://www.google.com/search?q=hitl...life+in+photos

Ok , on this site it shows the exact same generals signature and hitlers from January of 45...I am still skeptical.

Comment

I see one: It should say Chef def Heerespersonalamtes, grammatically speaking.

Comment

sorry , had to change computer, lets try looking at a known original and this one....as I see differences. regardless of verbage, as both are worded the same.....I still do not see the fluent signatures of both men ... to be authentic IMO.

comments ?
                        Last edited by juoneen; 12-10-2015, 12:52 AM.

Comment

Kahle33,
                          Your example is 100% authentic -- no question.
                          Max.

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
                            What makes you sure it is not a forgery? The word infantry isn't even Spelled correct. There are also some very talented forgers out there, in fact I have a book about forgeries of all kinds , like hitler diaries , signatures, autopens, Mussolini, and encompasses scandals from subjects one may not even realize we're forged.
                            There is bleeding where this paper was folded that has traces of mimeograph ink Or carbon paper bled from the type, not sure hitler used mimeograph or stencil typed for single items or even at all and if so that would be for multiple copies, if so why would he sign a copy ? Just makes me have pause.
                            I would always suggest an expert on the subject be consulted before you start patting yourself on the back too much about this one.
                            The generals signature also needs checked , as does the paper it is typed on...but nothing personal , I am just not as optimistic and prefer items are checked before the buy, as Hitlers signature is probably one of the highest forged signature of our time.Thanks for showing it and please don't be offended at my observations, one must be sure before purchasing any famous persons signature in this world today with forgers ready to take your hard earned cash, especially something so late. Seems hitlers signature was so much more deteriorated at that late date that this one actually looks too good.

Not offended at all. I very much appreciate your analysis. I don't have answers for this stuff.

What I have is that it came from one of the best autheticators of Nazi paper documents. I do research for the best. I know who has the track record and who does not. I know where to buy and where to avoid. So you might ask, then why post it here? Because everyone can make mistakes. No expert is perfect. But it is why I was pretty sure it was good, but not certain. I think the low price it sold for always shoots up a couple of flags. I think "do the bidders know something I don't?". Of course it very well could mean nothing as well. Everything has cycles. Sometimes you get a good deal. Sometimes stuff is overvalued. Etc.

Comment

Originally posted by max history View Post
                              Kahle33,
                              Your example is 100% authentic -- no question.
                              Max.
                              Thanks Max. I appreciate it!! I really value your opinion because I know you know this stuff well.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X