SandeBoetik

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What uniform does this tunic belong too?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What uniform does this tunic belong too?

What uniform does this tunic belong too? Thanks.

The stylized Wolfsangel on the collar tab looks like the type worn by the Dutch volunteer SS.

Comment

Thank you Bern!

Comment

Originally posted by Bern View Post
        The stylized Wolfsangel on the collar tab looks like the type worn by the Dutch volunteer SS.
        But it's not a Dutch SS tunic. In fact, it has nothing whatsoever to do with the SS. This is a mid period (note there're two shoulder-boards...originally there was just one) SA Feldherenhalle tunic produced prior to it being absorbed into the Wehrmacht.

Comment

Here's a earlier example then the one you've shown above, though there was also an even earlier variant that had "candy cane piping" instead of the silver/aluminum. I recently lost out on the earliest known officers example due to a death in the family and am still looking for it--finders fee to anyone that's able to assist!(Sorry for the plug)

http://www.ulricofengland.com/index....38y53lmm9u79sm

Comment

Originally posted by codytrcollector View Post
            But it's not a Dutch SS tunic. In fact, it has nothing whatsoever to do with the SS. This is a mid period (note there're two shoulder-boards...originally there was just one) SA Feldherenhalle tunic produced prior to it being absorbed into the Wehrmacht.
            Thanks for straightening that out Cody, I didn't realize that the Feldherenhalle symbol was a Wolfsangel with an SA superimposed on it.
            Regards
            Bern

Comment

Originally posted by Bern View Post
              Thanks for straightening that out Cody, I didn't realize that the Feldherenhalle symbol was a Wolfsangel with an SA superimposed on it.
              Regards
              Bern
              No problem, Bern and in case my comment appeared harsh please know I wasn't trying to "straighten you out"....hell, I can't count how many times I've been wrong on these fora. I only wanted to make sure the tunic was accurately identified and there wasn't any confusion.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X