kampf um berlin book help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kampf um berlin book help

Hello there everyone! Just joined the forum! I have lurked for many years but figured I might as well join as I now have some things I need help on and I'm starting to collect ww2 more and more these days. Mostly I have always collected antique muzzleloaders.

Anyway on to the questions.

So I picked this up at a gunshow on the weekend and I'm trying to find some info and a value on it.

I collect german stuff but not so much this sort of thing.

The spine looks like it has been taped with black tape a long time ago. Also there is a stamp and a name on the inside.

I have found some info on what the book is but not much on its value etc

Hi, and welcome among us! Goebbels "Kampf um Berlin" was first published in 1932 and underwent a number of editions in the 1930s and '40s, with the last edition being that of 1943. There are many copies available on the internet of several of the editions and they range from about US$70.00 up to over US$150.00, apparently depending on condition. Your copy appears to be in fair to good condition, with some staining, and it is missing it's dust jacket...which is always a great 'plus' when discussing old books.

I hope this information is helpful to you, and again, welcome!

Br. James

Comment

Awesome thanks for the info. I figured the dust jacket was missing but I couldn't find pictures online of one missing it. Any insight into the stamp that's in there ?

I did alright then at 3 bucks haha!

Thanks for the info!

Comment

The stamp is for the public library in Dalhunden, I suspect the writing refers to the record as to when the book was received.

best
        Hank
        Originally posted by mwelsh View Post
        Awesome thanks for the info. I figured the dust jacket was missing but I couldn't find pictures online of one missing it. Any insight into the stamp that's in there ?

I did alright then at 3 bucks haha!

Thanks for the info!
        Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
        ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

The stamp belongs from the public library Dalhunden.

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dalhunden

Gerdan

Comment

The writing says that it was the (book) entry 59 in the year 1940.

Gerdan

Comment

Yep, you did great for three bucks!

Cheers,

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X