Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stamps from General Government/Poland and Protectorate of Bohemia/Moravia

Hi everyone!

Just thought I would share these stamps I recently obtained.

First 2 are the First Anniversary of The Deputy Reich Protector Reinhard Heydrich's death. No more stamps were made in the Protectorate to commemorate Heydrich's death.

Second lot are the 3rd Anniversary stamps also from the Protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia commemorating the 3rd Anniversary of German Occupation. These are actually stamps that were stamped with the day they marched into the Protektorate and the date in 1942.

Third set are from General Government formerly Poland. These ones actually have the Eagle and Swastika embossed in the centre of the stamp. I tried many many times to get a photo of the swastika and the eagle but unfortunately I couldn't. i'll give it another try later on if people would like to see it. These stamps feature significant buildings in Generalgouvernement/Poland.

Krakauer Tor, Lublin
    Tuchhalle, Krakau (Kraków)
    Verwaltungsgebäude, Radom
    Brühlsches Palais, Warschau (Warszawa)
    Rathaus, Lemberg (Lwów)

Lastly is a 1941-1942 definitive set from Protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia. The last 5 feature:
    St Vitus Cathedral Prague (Katedrála svatého Víta, Praha)
    St Barbara's Church, Kuttenberg (Chrám svaté Barbory, Kutná Hora)
    Pernstein (Pernštejn)
    Pardubice Castle (Pardubice)
    Brno Cathedral and Museum (Katedrála sv. Petra a Pavla v Brnê)

Ps. Please do not "steal" these pics without asking me!
    Cheers
    Eva

Hi EvaB,

Nice selection of postage stamps, always like to see these on the forum - although for many collectors these seem to be of little interest!
    Cannot explain why, but I find postage stamps as interesting as any Third Reich item.
    Wish I could track down a dealer of TR postage stamps in the UK who does not sell by auction, but at a reasonable set price.
    Many thanks for showing,

Best wishes,

John.

Comment

Originally posted by feldpost 58 View Post
      Hi EvaB,

Nice selection of postage stamps, always like to see these on the forum - although for many collectors these seem to be of little interest!
      Cannot explain why, but I find postage stamps as interesting as any Third Reich item.
      Wish I could track down a dealer of TR postage stamps in the UK who does not sell by auction, but at a reasonable set price.
      Many thanks for showing,

Best wishes,

John.
      Yes they are always nice to see as well, I like personally.. They are the only TR thing I can afford at the moment! Don't know why they don't generate interest almost as interesting as anything else!

There is a dealer of TR stamps here in Australia, the prices are pretty cheap, and most are buy it now. I shall send you a PM with the details

Cheers
      Eva

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X