Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glider "C" Badge Certificate

Gentlemen:

I returned from Europe earlier this month and during my time there, spent a couple of weeks with an old family friend who was a pilot in the Luftwaffe during WW2. While we were talking one day, he pulled out a glider "C" badge that he earned in 1940 and later gave me the certificate to go with it. As you can see from the second photo, the numbers appear on the certificate and the back of the badge. Really nice.

I thought you all would enjoy this.

Mike Heuer

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

And the back ...

And here is the back of the badge with number alongside the certificate. I don't know how rare it is to pair the badge with the document like this, but this is one of the most prized pieces in my collection since it came from an old friend who is still active in aviation today.

Mike Heuer
    Attached Files

Collecting mint condition Imperial German uniforms, visor caps, and Pickelhauben.

Comment

Superb !!!!!!!!!!!!
      The only thing you need now is a wartime picture of your friend wearing the badge

Again, really nice, thanks for sharing

François
      Collection : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=807895

Comment

The photo ...

Francois,

I have a photo of him in the cockpit of a Junkers JU88 but not with this badge. I also have his pilot's badge as well. We will see each other again in Germany in November, so I will ask about a photo. He seems to dig up something everytime we see each other.

Best,

Mike Heuer

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X