Uniforms in photo help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uniforms in photo help

I am curious what country the other soldiers are from as I am not familiar with the uniforms.
    Thanks
    Ian
    Attached Files
    Last edited by I Marotto; 01-17-2005, 12:21 PM.

Okay I ws able to get the post moved to the forum.Picked this up this weekend so any help would be appreciated.

Ian

Comment

The armband that the guy on the left is wearing ... looks like the Dutch flag ?

Comment

Thanks Tim for the reply. They look from the head wear like turks our at least that area?
        Ian

Comment

Originally posted by I Marotto
          Thanks Tim for the reply. They look from the head wear like turks our at least that area?
          Ian
          Yes, I would say Romanian or Bulgarian, because they are shown together with the German and in full weapon equipment (grenades), so not prisoners. When I take another look to the armband, this could also be a Romanian flag (blue-yellow-red). Bulgarian flag is not possible, because there is a dark (green) stripe in the middle.

So my guess is Romanian, but I am absolutely not sure

Comment

Thanks Tim for the help.I found this picture over the weekend and picked it up.Thought it was rather intresting in that the soldiers all had something a little different going on I especially liked the different grenades
            Ian

Comment

Hmm, nice photo. Food for thought. Could the German be a pow? I don't see any weapons, just cartridge belt. Mike

Comment

Croats

Hi if you ask me and thats only my humble opinion that these guys are Croatian UATASHA forces.First one second,fourth and last one are croatian nationality other three guys with turbans are muslim nationality.Most interesting is second guy with collar devices which could be Croatian flag made from fabric and atached to collar or he wear Italian made coat and has still atached insignias.If you look at unforms and equipment you can see various periods and countrys used by these guys.(Italian,Austrian and old Yugoslav).Also look at cap devices which are all same and looks like U.Also look at sixth guy with turban he has also same device but not so good visibile.So all from same formation but all in different uniforms and equipment.If you ask me very early periode 1941-42 somewhere in Bosnia or Croatia.

Regards.

CVRC

Comment

CVRC MIke thank you for the input great stuff .I have added a close up of hat badge a collar tabs

Ian
                  Attached Files

Comment

Another intresting thing I just noticed this guy has a nice haircut..Just kidding ..there looks to be some sort vehicle with a turret in the background
                    Attached Files

Comment

Yes 100% USTASHI forces.In Croatia they were political personal forces of national leader Ante Pavelich like SS in German army.Vehicle in background could be any sort of captured French tank or armoured vehicle also Austrian armoured vehicle or German Pz II and at last Italian tank.All of these were used for antipartisan duty in Yugoslavija.

Regards.

CVRC

Comment

Well CVRC, I guess you're right about this, you're from that area so you should know better than me Then what do you think of the armband of the guy on the left ?

Ian, great detail pictures! What scanner do you have ?

Comment

Hi same as others maybe no other insignias and only plain armband in national colours red,white and blue.All guys from same gang.

Regards.

CVRC

Comment

As CVRC already mentioned,thi guys are Croatian Ustashas.Those who looks like Turks are Bosnian muslims,also members of Ustasha units.Bosnian muslims were mostly Croats who changed their religion few centuries ago and from christians became muslims.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X