• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Close combat list/Tank destruction letter on e-stand

Thoughts?

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=830609

best
    Hank
    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
    ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

And yours dear Hank ??

PGR.113 = 1.Pz.Div. Am 18.11.43 1.PD.=zur Verfügung d. 8.Armee, Nordukraine. Engaged around ****omir. The Stamp used is - hard to read - Armee-Ob.Kdo.18 : at this time, Abewehrschlacht in Nordrussland. or perhaps Armee-Ob.Kdo.16 : at this time Abwehrschlacht bei Newel.

Conclusion : Fake.

Moreover, the Writing "Dem Gefreiten II./Pz.Gren.Rgt.113 Johannes Krüger" sounds "not german". Above "O.U.18.11.43" dito. Abbrev. "Kommandeur" in "Kommand." is more than scarce.

So : fake, and fake again.

For the CCDays list, the document (Paper itself) is IMOoriginal, and the FpNr. -Stamps and the mention 4./37 are matching. If it is proven to be fake, it first shows that the Faker has bought the Kannapin Books, a good Point for him, congatulations
    So then, it would be the 4./Gren.Rgt.37 (6.I.D.). I have the divisonal History from Grossmann, I will check the Days....

Lionel.

Comment

it seems that the name "Jitomir", that I wrote on the German Way... "S""H""I""T"OMIR has been censored...

Comment

The TDB doc reminds me of a blank page taken from a book.

The close combat days doc seems ok though as long as the days are consitant with the history.
        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by 708.V.G.D. View Post
          And yours dear Hank ??
          ......edit....

Lionel.
          Me no likey.

The TDB conveniently has the one drop of water (or some liquid) directly on the signature. How odd....and the signature doesn't look authentic (to me).

For the CCC listing, the signature of the approving official looks too forced. And to a lesser extent, ALL of the entries done at one time. Yes, I know that's not outside the realm of possibility, but it's just what came to mind.

best,
          Hank
          Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.

Comment

I guess they turned out to be okay, since they remained for sale and apparently are both on hold/sold.

Good luck to the buyers.....

Hank

Comment

I am skeptical of the TDB document as well.

The Nahkampftage doc is original with correct FP stamp, all dates and places are checking out. The list was written in January 1945 as a "Beilage" (supplement) to Wehrpass or Soldbuch and signed by Oberleutnant Petrow. Obergefreiter Alfred Kruse of 4./37 died in Russian captivity in December 1945.

Comment

i dont like them.

Comment

Originally posted by PanzerElite View Post
                  i dont like them.
                  Liking or not liking them is irrelevant. One document is suspect the other is evidently 100% original.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X