Renewed Luftwaffe Interests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renewed Luftwaffe Interests

I am just embarked on a second-time-around fascination with Luftwaffe history and operations. During the initial phase – some 25 years ago – I accumulated some good material which I eventually sold, but of which I have retained copies and all my research notes/findings. In case any aspects could be of interest to other researchers here, this is a brief outline of the documentation material:

Soldbuch to an Oberfeldwebel reconnaissance flyer with Aufkl Gr 21 and Jagdgeschwader 11; flying Hs 126 and He 45, in Russia, and defence of the Reich.

Wehrpass to an Air Gunner (Feldwebel) flying with KG 54 on Ju88s and He111Ps, including raids on London, Liverpool, Birmingham and Coventry. Killed in action in Russia (Tschernobyl) 1941.

Flugbuch to Obergefreiter, records 61 flights in BUV 138 and Ju52 with Kuestenfliegergruppe 406, operating around the Norwegian coast 1942-43.

Very encouraged to have already had a contact with some information concerning the KG54 man.

Another research project I've rekindled is a 29-10-40 incident with a 3./JG51 109E-1 of which I saw/handled/photographed some parts including the engine badge and fuel shut-off valve. Flyer was Karl Bubenhofer.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X