What is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this?

This was given to me by a friend of mine that knew i was a collector of TR militaria. Can anyone tell me exactly what it is?
    Attached Files

other side.
    Attached Files

Comment

Allied Military Currency for use in Germany. I had a link but it didn't work.....

eric

Comment

Thanks Eric..This note isn't in great condition, do you think it's worth anything?

Comment

Someone else may have a better idea on this than me but I really don't think it's worth much.

eric

Comment

I didn't think it was...Thanks for your help..

Comment

I sold one on e-bay last year. Got about 49pence for it

Graeme

Comment

A banknote like yours but in good shape is published in this site

http://tomchao.com/eu/eu22a.html

All the best!

Comment

Thanks for the link...
                  Originally posted by M.G. Novello
                  A banknote like yours but in good shape is published in this site

http://tomchao.com/eu/eu22a.html

All the best!

Comment

Andy,

I just got back from Saskatchewan and bought about 10 of these of different denominations a whack load of Japaneese Allied Currency and a few silver CDN Coins and spent rougly $75 with the Silver coins being worth about $50-$55 CDN, so the paper money was worth about $20 max. (silver was just some random other coins non-related)

These are more interresting than anything else and are slowing becoming more difficult to find. I remeber when I was collecting stamps many years ago (15 or so) these Allied Dollars were much more common. Now they are getting harder to find and comparatively more expensive.

Fun to collect though! Very fun indeed. You can somewhat follow the war with them. Very fun indeed. Actually My Wifes Grandmother just passed on (Our reason for the Sask trip) and when we found adroor full of old bills in mint condition she had been keeping the family gave the Allied Currency to me as they knew I had an interrest in the second world war.

Enjoy it! You have a great find there, not at all expensive but great none the less! Looks great on display too!

-Shane

Comment

Thanks Shane..

This Bill was given to me by a friend of mine that was aware of my collecting interest, i just thought it was cool.....

Comment

If anyone has any duplicates of paper Allied currency, I am interested in purchasing..

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                        X