Narvikschild Urkunde - Aufklärungsgruppe 122

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Narvikschild Urkunde - Aufklärungsgruppe 122

It's been a while since I have posted anything on this forum from my collection and it's always nice to see great award citations. So, here is a nice Narvikschild award document to an Observer with 1.(F)/122.
    Attached Files

Nice Besitzzeugnis and quite rare

Comment

Very nice!
      The Dietl signature too

Comment

I found this: could be the doctoral thesis of him:

Titel: Untersuchungen über Feindruckwellen
        Autor/Person: Köhne, Kurt

Jahr: 1941
        Impressum: Braunschweig ; Vieweg ; 1941 ; Ill.

Ausgabebezeichnung: Kurt Köhne

Zusatzinformationen: Aus: Zeitschrift für Geophysik, 16 (1941),7/8, S. 310 - 329 ; Zugl.:
        Göttingen, Univ., Diss., 1940

Dokumenttyp: Monographie ; Hochschulschrift

Sprache: Deutsch

Gerdan

Comment

Hi Brian,

Really nice Narvikschild document and a neat Luftwaffe Reconnaissance unit too. The 1st Staffel of (Fern) Aufklärungsgruppe 122 was based at Stavanger-Sola, in Norway, and was flying long-range reconnaissance missions during the Narvik Campaign.

Is this document part of a grouping you have? If so, I'd sure like to see more.

Best regards,
          Tom
          Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Yanacek View Post
            Really nice Narvikschild document and a neat Luftwaffe Reconnaissance unit too. The 1st Staffel of (Fern) Aufklärungsgruppe 122 was based at Stavanger-Sola, in Norway, and was flying long-range reconnaissance missions during the Narvik Campaign.

Is this document part of a grouping you have? If so, I'd sure like to see more.
            That's right, Tom.

Indeed, this citation is part of a group. Köhne qualified as an Observer in 1937. He went on to win both classes of the Iron Cross in November 1939 and September 1940, respectively. His EK2 was likely related to his unit's recon of the North Sea and/or the British Fleet while his EK1 was probably earned for support of the Luftwaffe's attack force during the Battle of Britain. Köhne went on to earn the Reconnaissance Flight Clasp in Bronze in April 1941. Both Iron Cross award documents are in my book but see the other citations below - his A4 sized document for Observers was signed by von Greim while his Spange doc is signed by Loerzer.

This group was offered piecemeal on M321 about 6 or 7 years ago. I got the seller to end the auctions and sell me everything together but paid a bit of a premium for him to do it. I'm glad they are still together though.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Gerdan View Post
              I found this: could be the doctoral thesis of him:

Titel: Untersuchungen über Feindruckwellen
              Autor/Person: Köhne, Kurt

Jahr: 1941
              Impressum: Braunschweig ; Vieweg ; 1941 ; Ill.

Ausgabebezeichnung: Kurt Köhne

Zusatzinformationen: Aus: Zeitschrift für Geophysik, 16 (1941),7/8, S. 310 - 329 ; Zugl.:
              Göttingen, Univ., Diss., 1940

Dokumenttyp: Monographie ; Hochschulschrift

Sprache: Deutsch

Gerdan
              Thanks, Gerdan. I wonder if he left operations and became an instructor during the war. I have some other paperwork that points in that direction.

Comment

During the Norwegian campaign the unit was flying the He-111 and for those flying missions to Narvik, they flew from Trondheim, Værnes.
                Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Great!!!!

Hi Brian,

Thanks for posting pictures of the Observer Badge and Reconnaissance Clasp documents. Really great documents! I am so happy to hear that you were able to keep that grouping intact, even though you had to pay a premium to do so. A true collector you are! Congratulations.

Best regards,
                  Tom
                  Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Originally posted by Simon O. View Post
                    During the Norwegian campaign the unit was flying the He-111 and for those flying missions to Narvik, they flew from Trondheim, Værnes.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X