German Tank Photo's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German Tank Photo's

Picked up a grouping from a solider who was part of the 644th Tank Destroyer Battalion during the battle of the bulge. The photo lot has some photo's of blown up German Tanks you might like

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG]. [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Very nice photo grouping; thanks for posting! This group shows a Tiger II ( Nr. 222) of s. SS-Pz.Abt. 501 knocked out in Stavelot (red arrows). From on-line histories of the 644th TD Bn I don't think they fought at Stavelot, but the photographer got around!

Best,
    Greg
    Attached Files
    sigpicFacebook "Tigers in the Ardennes" book page
    www.facebook.com/TigersintheArdennes

Comment

Those pictures look cool!
      Were you able to identify any of the German tanks (to which unit they belonged)?
      I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
      Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
      My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

Hi,

you need to check the books of Jean-Paul Pallud on the battle, i'm pretty sure at least the Panzer IV is pictured. The Jagdpanzer IV or the Panther doesn't speak to me though.

See You

Vince

Comment

Hi,

i checked the main book of Jean-Paul Pallud, with the exception of the famous "222", i was unable to identify the 7 other tanks.

See You

Vince

Comment

What is written on the back of at least two of the photos is Krinkelt with a 1945 date. I believe the date to be in error as the war was way over by that date. Krinkelt-Rocherath twin villages are in Belgium and there were many German tanks knocked out in and around that village during the Battle of the Bulge around the 16th/20th of December 1944. The 741st and Co C, 644th Tank Destroyer Battalions were involved in the battle.

Check out this link that mentions the 644th TDB:

http://www.battleofthebulgememories....rocherath.html

I actually visited that area and found some Panzer parts to include a track link of a Panther that was knocked out by the Farm house in Rocherath and moved across the road after the battle.

By the way a very nice find on the GI Grouping....I started a thread way back titled "A view through the eyes of GI's - Knocked out German Armor" that has many captured and knocked out German tanks.
            Last edited by W Petz; 10-09-2015, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Good Job W Petz

Nice find exciting stuff and thanks Bill Petz for your expert input!

Comment

Very Nice !

Comment

I posted close up photos of all the tank photos on a different site. Im out of town thise weekend but will try and get them up here when I get back.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/foru...-photos/page-3

Comment

That would be nice as I am only a member of one forum and do not plan on joining any other forums. Can you please provide your first name..Thanks!

Bill

Originally posted by Pip23 View Post
                    I posted close up photos of all the tank photos on a different site. I'm out of town this weekend but will try and get them up here when I get back.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/foru...-photos/page-3

Comment

Here you go

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Comment

1st name is Mark

Comment

I think these are the rest

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X