Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its only a stamp.

fulda 004.JPG

Going through some small stuff i came across this stamp i have. Even though it has no monetary value. historically the town of hunfeld and surrounding area has had a very interesting history, from nepoleon withdraw after the battle of Leipzig to the cold war and the Fulda Gap. I do not even know if this stamp is real or a fake but sometime i think its about the history not the item.

Looks real, a 1 Reishsmark stamp. Hitler head stamps are in the hundreds of thousands, all colors and denominations, throughout Germany and all occupied countries.

It is one area fakers haven't hit yet as the value is so little and there are so many. Still interesting with the many postmarks, and history for sure.

regards
    Randy

Comment

I think hundreds of millions would be more correct.

Postmark collecting is one of the very pure 'Philatelic' hobbies.

If you though that the people that pursue an ICII from every maker where on the OCD side of a hobby they have nothing this branch of collecting.

On an interesting side note. If you ever wonder how Hitler made his money the above was most likely the most lucrative. (well beyond Royalties from Mein Kampf) as he was paid a small fee for each stamp that bore his image.

As some stamps where printed in the many billions it added up over his 10+ years as Fuhrer.

Well after the war when his estate was being settled it was decided that monies he gained from this where 'legitimate' as this was, (believe it or not) still is a common practice for many counties where the elected Head of State appears on stamps.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X