Clear All

Help with uniform

What uniform is this?
    Thank for help
    Attached Files

Originally posted by ernuckel View Post
    What uniform is this?
    Thank for help
    Very rare photograph. The uniform is for the Ordnungsdienst from the Olympic Games in 1936 in Berlin and worn for a short period of time only.
    Upon the left uppar arm a special shield is worn with the word KONTROLLE and in the lower part a number, the number for the person. I have no idea about the colors for the uniform. There was once published such photograph in a tailor's magazine (Rundschau Deutsches Schneiderfachblatt, I thought it was)

Comment

Hmm I guess some old guard where sill about in 1972 as they where there as well

here is a pic

couldn't find a colour photo but from what I under stand the hats where lime green, pants hot pink and shirt purple and the jacket a odd shade of sky blue that would of made old fatty jealous

they had the job to defuse 'political' situations though humour. Supposedly they had a cannon that fired gummy bears and other sweets

Comment

Thanks a lot.

Comment

uniform

I worked at the '72 Olympiade in Munich wearing an orange colored jacket and pants and white shirt checking passes and tickets. No gorget much to our disappointment. The dandy in your photo would have been in a circus costume for us. The best outfits were the Hostesses in Dirndls, one of whom was promoted to Queen of Sweden after the Olympics if I remember correctly (and there's a chance I don't!). The rest of us just scattered around Europe on Eur- Rail passes....

Comment

Originally posted by wilhelm Saris View Post
            Very rare photograph. The uniform is for the Ordnungsdienst from the Olympic Games in 1936 in Berlin and worn for a short period of time only.
            Upon the left uppar arm a special shield is worn with the word KONTROLLE and in the lower part a number, the number for the person. I have no idea about the colors for the uniform. There was once published such photograph in a tailor's magazine (Rundschau Deutsches Schneiderfachblatt, I thought it was)
            Your knowledge on uniforms and reg's is outstanding! I thought I knew most German uniforms, but this one threw me. I could just make out the armband, many thanks. I don't remember one shown in the two German published Olympic books either.

regards
            Randy

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X