SS poster in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS poster in

well i just got this nice SS poster in, well it's being shipped to me. i just like how its set up.

greg
    Attached Files

Hi Greg, I have never seen this poster for the 14th SS Div before. Do you have any history behind it?

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

well it's coming out of an auction house, they had others that i have seen before but this one just jumped out. i've seen this type before some where?

but it has been looked at and passed. i will try to get more info on it, i'll e-mail and see.

greg

Comment

Hi Greg, the style is very reminisent of Soviet propaganda posters of the era with the cartoon figures in the foreground. My Russian/Ukrainian is very limited. Any idea of the text?

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

ya, i'll look for what it said again, unless someone else can say before i find the saying.

greg

Comment

heres what i got off the site, i haven't found the e-mail yet to where it says what it says.??

German WW2 Highly Desirable Waffen SS (foreign Legion) Recruitment/Propaganda poster. 55x86cm. in color shows fleeing Russian soldiers with a giant soldier of the 14 Waffen SS (UKRAINE) Div standing at rear with MG34. Has large rampart Lion in background. (unit insig) Has Russian text at bottom as used in Eastern occupied areas. Dated 1944 at bottom. Has center fold and 2x lower cross folds. A very Scarce and original item. Grade ll-$
            greg

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
            X