Who are they?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who are they?

Who are they? The Car is a Mercedes-Benz 320 Pullmann Cabriolet F, the Licence number IA is from the Landespolizeibezirk Berlin, the men are from the Wehrmacht Luftwaffe but who?
    Attached Files

Who are they

What means the XZ 1 on the front window of the Merc?

Originally posted by Hans Rinsma
    Who are they? The Car is a Mercedes-Benz 320 Pullmann Cabriolet F, the Licence number IA is from the Landespolizeibezirk Berlin, the men are from the Wehrmacht Luftwaffe but who?

Comment

Who are they ?

Please send me a answer on this thread ! Hans

Originally posted by Hans Rinsma
      Attached Files

Comment

These photos are showing a visit of Maresciallo d'Italia Pietro Badoglio accompanied by his Staff in a german city.

Comment

who are they

Hello M.G. Novello, thanks for your reply, it's of great help to me.
          I see you are a new member, welcome to this fantastic forum.
          The pictures were probably taken on a trainstation in Berlin, the Italian visitors came by train and were transported in the two Mercedes-Benz cars with the IA
          lisence what means Berlin.
          Does Maresciallo d'Italia mean the rank of Marshal of Italian Army?

Can anyone help with the meaning of the papers attached to the windscreens of the cars

Kind regards Hans Rinsma

Comment

Maresciallo d'Italia was, until 1938, the highest rank of the Italian Royal Army and it is equivalent to FieldMarshall. In that year a highest rank was created to honour the Duce Benito Mussolini and the King Victor Emmanuel III. The rank was First Marshall of the Empire.

Thanks for your kind words of welcome. It is a pleasure and a priviledge to be here among you, Sirs!

Ciao

Comment

Who are they?

Hi M.G. Novello, thanks for your reply, it's of great help to me.

Can anyone help with the meaning of the papers attached to the windscreens of the cars?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X