Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ek document heinz tomhardt opinions?

hello folks,
    what do you guys think of this is it real or fake my guess is naturel because if never seen this kind of typing before?

what do you think its an old document and the singnature looks ok hows one is it you think
    ill wait for your reactiion
    best regards michael wijtman
    Attached Files

Kinda hard to tell from the picture...but that's one wierd looking signature. I'd be very cautious about it.
    Unless it was nighttime, or the weather was bad, and you were running out of gas - then it was a sweaty nightmare, like a monkey f*ing a skunk.
    ~ Dan Hampton, Viper Pilot

Comment

Thats Sepp Dietrich's signature but as hankmeister mentioned difficult to tell from that scan....
      Need to verify with signatures of him of the same period as it did change throught the war!
      Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jewison
        Thats Sepp Dietrich's signature but as hankmeister mentioned difficult to tell from that scan....
        Need to verify with signatures of him of the same period as it did change throught the war!
        thanx guys for your reaction anymore?
        the document looks rather white on the scan but its more with a old yellow finnish,
        the signature maybe you want a closeup
        best regards michael wijtman

Comment

I have Tomhardt down as 13. Kompanie führer\kommandeur from sometime between oct.43 and Apr.44 onwards .

Is the stamp right for the time?
          Last edited by Simon O.; 01-13-2005, 05:42 PM.
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon orchard
            I have Tomhardt down as 13. Kompanie führer\kommandeur from sometime between oct.43 and Apr.44 onwards until his death in '45.

Is the stamp right for the time?
            hi thanx for the reply i dont know but what do you think is the 13 good or bad
            best regards michael

Comment

Well it's the right man in the right Kompanie but in all honesty it needs an SS expert to look at it.

It seems Tomhardt was sentenced to death for his part in the Malmedy massacre, later commuted to life.

Actually, if you search the forums another Dutchman posted asking about Tomhardt about 18 months ago...

This is apparently him.
              Last edited by Simon O.; 01-13-2005, 05:53 PM.
              Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

I've owned six original documents with Dietrich's signature, dating from 1943-44 and none of the signatures was like the one shown. My opinion is that it's not original...John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X