EpicArtifacts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soldbuch unit is different to Award citation?, same solider.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soldbuch unit is different to Award citation?, same solider.

Hi Guys,

I don’t know if anyone can help me, I am doing some reach on a Solider whose Soldbuch states he was in 2. Stabs-Kompanie, Grenadier-Ersatz-Bataillon 4.

However the soldiers wound badge and EK2 citation says “Stabs. Komp./gren.Regt.691.

I am wondering why it does not state “Stabs. Komp./gren.Regt.691” under “Truppenteil” in the Soldbuch?

Many thanks

Mark

Originally posted by Mauser View Post

I am wondering why it does not state “Stabs. Komp./gren.Regt.691” under “Truppenteil” in the Soldbuch?
    Hello

Probably because this soldier was sent to a reserve unit (Grenadier-Ersatz-Bataillon 4) after have been wounded with Gren. Regt. 691. It was a common practice if the wound was severe. So, the unit when he was promoted in october was this infantry reserve bataillon.

Comment

Originally posted by Luft 76 View Post
      Hello

Probably because this soldier was sent to a reserve unit (Grenadier-Ersatz-Bataillon 4) after have been wounded with Gren. Regt. 691. It was a common practice if the wound was severe. So, the unit when he was promoted in october was this infantry reserve bataillon.
      Hi Luft, thanks for the feedback. Shouldn't "Gren. Regt. 691" still be listed in his soldbuch before "Grenadier-Ersatz-Bataillon 4" ?

Comment

if you show us the page 4,that is easy to explain it.

Comment

Originally posted by xin View Post
          if you show us the page 4,that is easy to explain it.

Here we go

Comment

there is no record of "Grenadier-Ersatz-Bataillon 4"on this page.
            I see “ gren.Rgt.691 Stabkompanie" unter the"FeldTruppenteil"

Comment

there is no record of "Grenadier-Ersatz-Bataillon 4"on this page.
              I see “ gren.Rgt.691 Stabkompanie" unter the"FeldTruppenteil"
              Thanks for the help. Why did they put "Grenadier-Ersatz-Bataillon 4" on page 3 ? Should it not be on page 4 with the other units?

Comment

Originally posted by Mauser View Post
                Thanks for the help. Why did they put "Grenadier-Ersatz-Bataillon 4" on page 3 ? Should it not be on page 4 with the other units?
                i know now, what do you mean , page 3 is about "promotion status",that means,he was at that time(1.10.1943) a Gefreiter or Obergrenadier ,you will see it on page 1
                on page 3 i see it is "2.Stab.Kom./Grenadier-Ersatz-Bataillon 459"not -4;

Comment

@ Mauser

read the answers to your previous posts better and you will have less confusion

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=823321

Comment

i know now, what do you mean , page 3 is about "promotion status",that means,he was at that time(1.10.1943) a Gefreiter or Obergrenadier ,you will see it on page 1
                    on page 3 i see it is "2.Stab.Kom./Grenadier-Ersatz-Bataillon 459"not -4;
                    Sorry, my mistake page 3 is promotions. Would help if i could read German, lol

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                    X