Who Is The Expert Here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who Is The Expert Here?

PLEASE ALL EXPERTS EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT THIS IS.

not the tape measure or the penny but the little book in between the penny and the tape measure yes this is a tiny book and i am trying to translate it thru http://babelfish.altavista.com/
    Babelfish translation webpage but as you all know it is not very easy to translate german unless you speak it.
    anyone have any idea what this is?
    why this is? why were these made?
    how many of these booklets are around? anyone ever see one like it?
    is it a propaganda booklet? who were they distributed too?
    please help this booklet was mixed in with a box of photos my uncle brought back from germany when he was their in 1945
    i would appreciate any comments either way. if you have never seen one please let me know that also.
    if anyone is able to help i would forever be indebt!
    thanks

DanZman

The booklet seems to be about the fight in belgien? thats obvious .
    the real question is . is there another one out there?
    i think that should be enuff to get this thread rollin , I hope
    DanZman

This booklet was produced for the Winterhilfswerk (WHW), a charity in Germany, that raised funds to provide sustenance for those less fortunate during the winter months. Clothing drives also provided needed warm clothing for this who needed such items. This booklet was given to those who contributed to the WHW. There were many items sold in support of the WHW such this booklet as well as plastic baubles (flowers, airplanes, miniature traffic signs, the list goes on and on).

There are literally hundreds of items which were offered by the WHW to encourage the public to contribute.

There are several series of these booklets of which the one illustrated is but one part of such a series.

If you do a search on this site you should find other threads showing many of these items.

The study of the WHW charity premiums can take years to pursue.

This item is a good start.

Comment

Originally posted by ramon
      This booklet was produced for the Winterhilfswerk (WHW), a charity in Germany, that raised funds to provide sustenance for those less fortunate during the winter months. Clothing drives also provided needed warm clothing for this who needed such items. This booklet was given to those who contributed to the WHW. There were many items sold in support of the WHW such this booklet as well as plastic baubles (flowers, airplanes, miniature traffic signs, the list goes on and on).

There are literally hundreds of items which were offered by the WHW to encourage the public to contribute.

There are several series of these booklets of which the one illustrated is but one part of such a series.

If you do a search on this site you should find other threads showing many of these items.

The study of the WHW charity premiums can take years to pursue.

This item is a good start.
      Does this item have a value?
      and thank you for the great information.

Comment

It has of course a value, depending on the condition.
        This one is heavily worn - so the estimated value is not more than EURO 5.

Cheers,

ustufvorwaerts
        silent leges et artes inter arma - im Waffenlärm schweigen die Gesetze und die Künste

Comment

Thank you for info. is their any resource online for this type of item or is there pictures anywhere on Net of similiar items that you know of?
          Thank you

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
          X