A Cigarette Album: England- The Predator Nation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Cigarette Album: England- The Predator Nation

I found this cigarette album today, and it's one that I have never seen before. It was printed in 1941, and it is dedicated to presenting a history of England which, as you might imagine, is not at all flattering.

I was wondering if anyone has seen this album before ? I just have never come across another.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hello Bill,

I've got one too, it belonged to my wife's grandad or my father-in-law. I found it in the cellar along with a few other goodies.

Tony

Comment

Nice, Tony !

Comment

Hi Bill,

this album is another of the "Adolf Hitler" and "Deutschland erwacht" series.
              It´s number 16.
              In Germany it´s not very hard to find - anyway a nice piece.

Cheers,

ustufvorwaerts
              silent leges et artes inter arma - im Waffenlärm schweigen die Gesetze und die Künste

Comment

A nice album, not an uncommon title.

Ramon

Comment

P0sting this close-up for Terry....
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ustufvorwaerts
                    Hi Bill,

this album is another of the "Adolf Hitler" and "Deutschland erwacht" series.
                    It´s number 16.
                    In Germany it´s not very hard to find - anyway a nice piece.

Cheers,

ustufvorwaerts
                    Thanks very much for the information.
                    I'm actually surprised. I've seen hundreds of the "Deutschland Erwache" and "Adolf Hitler" a;bums, but never one of these before. I suppose that since it is entirely concerned with England, it just doesn't show up as much as the others.

I never heard that there was a "series" of these albums. Does anyone have a list of the albums that were in the series?

Comment

I never heard that there was a "series" of these albums. Does anyone have a list of the albums that were in the series?[/QUOTE]

Well there is a list here:
                      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ight=cigarette

Thanks for posting the close up Bill. The British members might be interested in this also. The letters on the trawler look like "GY" to me....this would mean that it was based in Grimsby. What do you all think? I live in Grimsby so this drew my attention...

Comment

Terry, try to find a copy of Köberich's "Reklame- und Sammelbilder" catalog. It lists all of the cigarette albums produced. You will be surprised to find that many printers of these types of albums had series. There are literally hundreds of these types of albums from multitudes of different companies.
                        Richard V

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                        X