Help by picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help by picture

Hi guys, I have the picture from a Mercedes-Benz Kübelwagen, but what is in front of the kübelwagen?

kind regards Hans
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Hans Rinsma; 01-07-2005, 12:30 PM. Reason: x

Hallo Hans,

In the picture you see the front of the Kübelwagen. It looks like the two man in the back turned their heads to the camera, but you can see the buttons on their overcoats.

Groeten, Thomas

Comment

Help by Picture

Thanks for your Reply Thomas, but wat is the large thing that parked for the Mercedes-Benz Kübelwagen , I see cables and a artillery piece? Hans

Comment

Hello Hans,

That is what happens when you read to fast, so I read ' what is the front of the Kübelwagen'. Stupid

I was thinking this is a strange question for someone with your knowledge. But I didn't read the question again.

I have no idea what it is.

Thomas

Comment

Hans are you sure it it is an artillery piece? That fixture in the foreground around the tube looks like it might be cable guides. Maybe part of reeling system for observation ballons.. My opinion is made from observation not expeirence so I hope others more knowledgeable helps. Mike

Comment

Help by picture

Thanks Mike, I think you have the Answer Hans

Comment

Hans,
              My initial guess was along the lines of those that Michael sugguested, that is until I looked at it again and the only thing that then put a slight doubt in my mind, was that connector on the left reel of cable. I have no idea what it is, but lead to then to the thought process of hose pipes as well, possible a water feed for a camp?
              Regards
              Si

SWS Collection 01-14 Images Copyright.

Comment

Sorry,

Looking at it again both reels have that connector on the end!! Looking at the middle item in the picture, I suppose that could be either a cabling machine or a drill of some sort?
                Regards
                Si

SWS Collection 01-14 Images Copyright.

Comment

Hans, I am leaning toward that theory . Shame that what appears to be a unit emblem on the side car is not clear.

Simon, I almost thought that it might be part of a pile driving appuratus but have looked thru some pics I have and it doesn't look like the examples I have..

Comment

help by picture

Hi Mike and Simon, so there still is a little mistery about what it might be.
                    I've allready surched my books for a look-a-like but without any luck.
                    Thank you both very much for the brainstorm sessions

Maybe someone else likes to try a shot at it??!!
                    I'm still curious about it.

Regards, Hans

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                    X