Any idea what these are?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any idea what these are?

What in the world are these things? They measure approx 12 x 9 inches & are printed on a glossy film-like stock.
    Attached Files

Second one:
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi David,

Although you have most likely deduced that they are pages from a book. The first one looks like to me like they are discussing the soldier pictured, showing his award and name page from his soldbuch. Weather he was killed or a prisioner is anybodies guess! Is there any chance of a scan of the award doc and soldbuch page?
      Regards
      Si

SWS Collection 01-14 Images Copyright.

Comment

I originally thought they were book pages, due to the numbers in the lower right corner but there is no sign they were ever bound in a book & they are printed on photo-paper type stock not just glossy paper. The backs are blank.
        Attached Files

Comment

If we could only read Russian

I was hoping to get some info of of the documents but can't read them, do you think they could be some sort of propaganda type flyer given away to troops or civilians?
          Regards
          Si

SWS Collection 01-14 Images Copyright.

Comment

Did you pm Vadim or Yuri??

Comment

Thanks to a friend in Ukraine, I have figured out what these are. They are Soviet Hero information cards that were posted in schools & museums. These cards are about Soviet spy N.I. Kuznetsov who served in the Wehrmacht as Sr Lt Paul Zibert. As Lt Zibert, he was awarded 2 Iron Crosses.

Comment

Originally posted by David Wheatley
                Thanks to a friend in Ukraine, I have figured out what these are. They are Soviet Hero information cards that were posted in schools & museums. These cards are about Soviet spy N.I. Kuznetsov who served in the Wehrmacht as Sr Lt Paul Zibert. As Lt Zibert, he was awarded 2 Iron Crosses.
                neat stuff David!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X