Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS officer I.D.

Hi to all,

another teaser for you, this is apparently an Oberfuhrer Wagner (?) from Div Nordland can anyone confirm this?? taken at Raumleningrad - Narwa
    The man furthest right wears the double arrowedhead signalers (blitz0 badge on lower left sleve.
    Ashley
    Attached Files

Looks like Jürgen Wagner to me. Not sure how this ties in with Nordland. Is this a PK photograph? Any further information?

Comment

Hi Alex,
      this is one of a batch of photos i brought many years ago, all are large (24x18 cm) copies marked Fabiger ??? with a code in pencil / blue pencil, on the reverse is a ink stamp stating where the photo is to be stored which is overstamped SS- Kriegsberichter and on some what looks like a name Y(V)ISNIEWSKI ??
      Ther is an ink inscription on the reverse of this one which reads (in german)

SS-Frwllg. Div. Nederland"
      Kommundanteur SS- Oberfuhrer Waguer
      with men of his command at Raum-leningrad-Narwa aus

The photo paper is Agfa Brovira

I could find a Wagner but not a Waguer but this could be just a problrm with reading the handwriting ?
      i will try and post a photo of the reverse

Ashley

Comment

Hi Alex,
        here is another from the group it shows a 7.5 stug 40ausf/G with Sauerkopf sdkfz 142/1 with Talismann skullAlso from SS-Div Nordland
        This has a differnt name (inked) and reads like Truiol ??

There are others of the band (musical) Wallonie taken in France

Ashley
        Attached Files

Comment

This is a VERY beautiful photo

Comment

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

another one

Comment

Hi Ashley,

thanks for the additional details. Definitely Jürgen Wagner in my opinion, now that you have confirmed it's Nederland (not Nordland). "Waguer" is not a 'valid' name in German, so it must be the handwriting.

As for the SS-Kriegsberichter, another close match, his name was Wisniewski.

Comment

Is the soldier on the far right in the first picture wearing a HJ proficiency badge???

Comment

Ashley,
                  Super photos, thanks for sharing. I'd love to see more...
                  Regards,
                  Fred

Comment

Hi all,

thanks for the replies, yes Gesetz you are correct

Fred posted below are some shots of the reverse of the photos, i got a batch of about 14 (SS related) and the same HJ many years ago. Though these are a bit of a pain to photograph i will try and do some more later.
                    Ashley
                    Attached Files

Comment

another
                      Attached Files

Comment

last one for now

Ashley
                        Attached Files

Comment

In case anyone is still paying attention, the "Wisniewski" mentioned is Bruno Wisniewski, who covered Brigade Nederland in early 1944. He took a series of photos of Nederland commander Jürgen Wagner decorating men of his brigade in Narva during February of that year. I just had a look at his contact sheet with the photos, and he filed it on March 1. Five days later, he was killed in action!

The Stug. photo would have been taken by Hans Truöl, who covered the Nordland Division from early 1944 until at least the autumn of that year.

"Stollberg" on the back of another photo is Willi Stollberg, who covered the SS-Polizei Division during 1943. The Kampfgruppe of the Division was in the Oranienbaum sector, just west of Leningrad, in late 1943. The Brigade Nederland took over its positions in the last days of 1943, and the Polizei's artillery battalion remained with the Nederland. So it makes sense that Stollberg might have remained at Oranienbaum, when the Polizei KG moved east to the Volkhov River. If so, Stollberg then would have retreated to Narva with Nederland, and have been taking photos at Narva at the same time as Wisniewski, Truöl, and Heinemann, Eisner, and Helmut Möbius (who was KIA on March 26, 1944).

Stollberg was then reassigned to the Western Front, and took photos of the Hitlerjugend Division during the Normandy fighting.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X