Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS GJ photo album

Hello,

Was hoping to get some opinions on this SS GJ album. I cannot seem to find another one online in my search. So hopefully someone can help me with this one's originality, and a rough value if possible for an SS photo album like this?

It has 50 photos inside of SS troops from a GJ unit. The pictures inside are all of the SS combat troops and armour/equipment etc.

There's also a cut out edelweiss insignia patch inside the album too.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Hi Patty. To be honest with you, no captions, no interesting Pics in those you show. So, hard to give informations and more harder to give any Value. lionel.

Comment

A few more pics:

Comment

Originally posted by 708.V.G.D. View Post
        Hi Patty. To be honest with you, no captions, no interesting Pics in those you show. So, hard to give informations and more harder to give any Value. lionel.
        Hi Lionel, thank you for you opinion. I have just uploaded a few more, but theres 49 in total. Many show standard, tropical/camo uniforms also. Pat

Comment

I don't see anything in the photos to suggest SS GJ. I see the one LSSAH cufftitle though
          Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon O. View Post
            I don't see anything in the photos to suggest SS GJ. I see the one LSSAH cufftitle though
            at last one photo show GJ

Comment

Originally posted by HAF View Post
              at last one photo show GJ
              Really? Which one?
              Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon O. View Post
                Really? Which one?
                the one with mullis typical GJ . its number 9 from top in first post

Comment

Nope. Nothing specific there to mark them out as GJ, no Insignia or GJ specific equipment.

Comment

Agree with Simon. No formal indication he was a SS-GJ. If the Pic with the LAH Guys is original, that would be the only cool Pic IMO. I tried to find a "Face" which would be common to all or most PIcs.... So I mean it is just a modern "put-together" Album. So... as you asked for opinions, excuse me to express mine "roughly" : no historical Interest and low Financial Value.

Comment

Ok thanks guys, I just assumed GJ again because of the surroundings on a couple of pics and the edelweiss, but I take what you're saying on board.
                      I think going by the comments here this is one to pass on buying then.
                      Thanks again for your help,
                      Pat

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                      X