Clear All

Take a Good Look

I've had this little photo for years but never really looked at it
    Attached Files

It's back to front (reversed).

Comment

So was it just developed in reverse?

Comment

yep! look at the jackets, they are buttoning up from the wrong side!

Comment

Very odd but neverless a great photo!

Comment

Hi,

You will also notice the breast eagles are on the "wrong" side, definitely a reverse image.
            I have quite a few of these reverse image photographs, most of mine being postcard sized portrait photos.
            Quite hard to tell what is wrong on some, particularly on head and shoulder pics - then you notice that the swastika on the cap eagle is in reverse!
            Often happens on death cards, and photographs in period magazines/newspapers etc.

Best wishes,

John.

Comment

....and here's me thinking it was a really rare photo of escaped POW's wearing camp made uniforms .....not really but it makes you look twice
              Thanks for the replies

Comment

Sorry...just a case of a flopped negative during the printing process!

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
                  Sorry...just a case of a flopped negative during the printing process!

Br. James
                  Br. James wins the prize, if there is one , absolutely not a rarity......just inattentiveness or stupidity of the person printing the negative. I used to have a darkroom.....did you know it was dark in a darkroom....hard to see sometimes and I would occasionally reverse the negative very irritating. By the way, there is no such prove-able thing as the "original photo" back then (I don't think Polaroids had come out yet......at least they were not in common use. Cameras then exposed negative film from which all prints were made and I know of no practical way of telling if a print was the first or 4000th print made from the original negative and you have no absolute right to claim copyright on any of them unless you have the original negative)......which can also be copied, so you don't necessarily have "crap" unless maybe you want to spend thousands tracking down all that BS for $'s.......so just enjoy the pictures and forget all the other stuff all your things you stick on them just often block a good view of them, besides there are things available which can remove that too!!! That why I never put them on the photos I post, since I am sharing them with you. At best you have a copy of maybe a 3rd or 333rd copy; however, if it is a digital shot it has metadata built in and much harder to fake that, or prove you have the camera which took it. I have all that on my digital camera plus the object it was taken of or the person, if that is the case, to say I took it.......I also do not need to say copyright with all that so there are ways you can keep from being stuck with hats and etc. I still own and have never offered for sale, which I have seen posted for sale by scammers.

Good Luck,
                  Ron

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                  X