Kesselring signature at auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kesselring signature at auction

IMO, the Kesselring signature shown from the latest alexanderautographs catalogue is fake.

Any opinions welcome...
    Attached Files

Hi Jeremy,

In my humble opinion not signed by Kesselring himself.

A close resemblance with the factory versions.

But hey with so many items listed everyone can make mistakes, and some more often than others.

Thanks for showing.

Best regards

Eric-Jan

Comment

ff

Yes, E-J, it is fake factory, well spotted.

Here are attached more examples of the fake factory style, including one with a fake factory Rommel.
      Attached Files

Comment

more

Plus 2 more factory examples,,,
        Attached Files

Comment

and more

And fake factory Kesselring with fake factory Goering, plus classic fake factory blank page signature.
          Attached Files

Comment

Jeremy,

What you did post must be enough material for him to work with and to learn from.

Including the other threads on fake signatures.

Making mistakes is human and even after 30 years one is never too old to learn.

Best regards

Eric-Jan

Comment

I posted a KVK award document once here that was signed by kesselring....I can't recall any more of it was on a thread started by someone else, or If I started it, but if you can find the posting it would be a good one to compare to....should be lots of examples out there to authenticate his signature...easier than adolfs...

Comment

I have (to comparate) a Kesserling signature on a late (Jannuary 1945) kvk2 certificate....
                Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

For comparison an example of a Kesselring signature on an EK 2 Urkunde, signed on 18-July-1941.

Regards Richard.
                    Attached Files
                    Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

.....and from the same document grouping the EK 1 Urkunde, signed by Kesselring on 27-August-1941.

It seems there is certainly a marked difference in between the signature on the award documents and those on the photographs shown.

Regards Richard.
                      Attached Files
                      Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

Thank you, Jeremy.

We greatly appreciate it when astute collectors with a "good eye" catch items that escaped detection.

That lot will be pulled.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                        X